chapter 14

y/n pov

"KUROO" you shouted as you approached the bridge. kuroo turned around to look at you. the street lamps lit up his face and you saw his red cheeks and tear stained face. he looked so helpless. you hated seeing him this way.

"y/n... it's ok, you can be with ken-" he mumbled as he peered back at the waters below him.

"kuroo please stop, i love you im so sorry" you begged as your voice trembled. kuroo looked at you and paused.

"p-please get down" you stuttered and looked up at him. kuroos eyes widened. "you dont have to do this y/n, if you're happy with kenma you can be with him, i wont get in your way... dont pretend, it's ok if you dont remem-" he looked at you gently.

"kuroo... i remember" you said as you grabbed his hand pulling him off the ledge onto the ground. your eyes were filled with tears and you could barely make out any details. you moved forward and pulled him into a hug. kuroo was taken aback but he wrapped his arms around you. you saw tears rush to his eyes as he held you tight.

"im so sorry i hurt you tetsu" you whimpered "im sorry i didnt remember, please dont blame yourself for what happened that night, i love you please dont do that ever again" you sobbed into kuroo's shirt.

kuroo pov
as y/n pulled me into a hug, i felt warmth return to me.  she was so soft and so gentle, i missed this feeling, i just wanted to be with her forever. i held on tight to her.

".... please dont do that ever again" she finished and i sighed. i couldnt imagine the pain she must have felt if i had died. i couldnt help but feel selfish. she looked up at me from the hug and i smiled as i lifted my hand to pat her head.

"thank you y/n chan.. you saved me" i whispered as i smiled. she smiled back at me and pulled me back into the hug. i wasnt ever going to let go of her again. she was mine to hold now.

"thanku for being so patient even though you were hurting" she mumbled and i moved my thumb along her back to comfort her. "it's ok y/n, it wasnt your fault" i smiled. she was back, and it was like i had nothing to worry about.

"forever" seemed like a possibility once more.

"KUROO ! Y/N!" i heard a voice and y/n and i turned to look up to see kenma drenched in sweat. "you're okay" he said as he panted.

"thank you kenma for taking care of me" y/n said and kenma tilted his head. "i remember" she finished and smiled, kenma sighed with relief and smiled. "im sorry i rejected you" he said as he scratched the back of his head"

i laughed, tightening my grip around y/n. "where did you go kuroo" kenma demanded, voice filled with concern. i paused "i... took a walk" i said as i lied through my teeth. kenma didnt need to know about this, it would stress him out. i exhaled and y/n nuzzled her face into my chest.

"let's go home" y/n mumbled and i nodded. the three of us walked back and kenma went back home. he needed a break from all this chaos that he wasnt used to. i smiled grateful that kenma was there to support the both of us.

as y/n and i approached her apartment, our hand remained interlocked. i wasnt going to let go of her. we pushed the door open and closed it behinf us before walking straight to bed. we got cosy under the sheets and y/n snuggled up next to me, just like how we used to. i held her in my arms and i gave her a soft peck on the cheek.

"i love you kuroo, so so much please dont forget" she mumbled before leaning up to me and crashing her lips against mine. it was a feeling i missed . i melted into the kiss and kissed her back. it was warm and filled with love. i loved her so much. she pulled away and her cheeks were bright red. she buried her face under the sheets and i gave her a small poke in the side causing her to yelp.

she peered up from under the covers and i put my arms around her once more, she revealed her face and leaned against my chest. it was already well into the night and we both needed our rest.
y/n smiled softly before giving me one more goodnight kiss. i chuckled before kissing her on the forehead. she closed her eyes slowly, getting ready to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

just before i closed my eyes after y/n did, i looked at her and watched as she inhaled and exhaled, slowly, i took in how adorable she was when she slept. she was mine, i wanted to be with her forever.

i placed my hand on her head and ran my fingers through her hair. y/n hummed and a small smile formed on her face and i couldnt help but chuckle.

"thank you for saving me" i said and y/n smiled. i kissed her once more and held onto her before closing my eyes.

i peered out again, just to see her once more before i fell asleep. i laughed, before whispering

"hey stupid, i love you"

a/n

hey yall thank you for reading !! i loved writing this , hopefully it wasnt too hard on the heart.  thanku for the support i love you guys ! i hated hurting kuroo as much as you guys did im so sorry for that 🥺 i hope i made it up to you.

also ive concluded that hey stupid i love you is the theme song for this story.