chapter 5

the other boys were already playing their match and you were swapped in to play in the middle. you were kind of nervous but you still played. volleyball was very fun. the match ended and everyone took their water breaks. you felt a gaze locked on you and turned to see kuroo. his eyes darted away, pretending like he wasnt looking but it was already obvious. you brushed it aside.

after the games, everyone grew tired and were longing for dinner. "yall can come over to my place and we can order in" kenma said smoothly as he looked at the boys. everyone agreed and you now found yourself in a car crammed up with 5 guys. kuroo being the one driving, and kenma, hinata, bokuto and akaashi.

"we didnt all come in cars" akaashi said smoothly as you looked around at the boys in the car. you nodded and stared out the window.

"how are you ?" you heard the voice of bokuto. it wasnt as loud compared to when you first saw him and he shouted your name. it was more timid but there was still genuine and intent behind it.

"im ok" you said plainly, not sure how to answer such a vague question. soon the car pulled up to a relatively large house. the roads were familiar and you knew kenma lived a few blocks down from your apartment. you got out and entered the house. it was warm and welcoming and most of the boys were already there.

since kenma had already ordered the food, the food sat on the dining table, waiting to be devoured by the hungry boys. the boys sat around the living room, each with a bowl of ramen. you slurped the noodles down and watched the tv along with the other boys.

you finished up your noodles and set it down onto the table. "i'll take this?" kenma said as he picked up your bowl and walked to the kitchen with his own bowl in hand before emptying it into the bin. he was so sweet and such a gentlemen. you gazed at him as he walked back. you caught kuroo staring at you but he looked down. you didnt seem to know how to approach him.

the television buzzed and your eyes soon grew heavy. slowly your eyes shut and the sound of the television and the background noise slowly faded away. you heard a few whispers but they were all to soft to be heard.

kuroo pov
i watched as y/n's eyes closed. she had fallen asleep. i smiled at the way he mouth slowly fell open, after which i sighed. i was with her the whole afternoon but i never got a chance to talk to her. she bonded so well with all the boys but all it seemed was that she had no interest in talking to me.

"eh she's fallen asleep" bokuto said with his mouth full of food. the room was noisy and all the boys knew there was no way that y/n would be able to fall asleep. i gulped. i walked towards her and picked her up as i looked at kenma. "yea my room's fine" he said and i nodded. carrying her to kenma's bed. i set her down and she curled up on the bed. the boys came in and wished y/n goodnight. "have a good night y/n chan" "sweeet dreams" "dont let the bed bugs bite" the boys took turns to pat her head before kenma shooed them out, leaving me and kenma left in the room. i pulled the covers over y/n causing a small smile to form on her face from the warmth of the blanket. i smiled. she was so adorable.

my heart sank, knowing she wasn't mine anymore. she probably wanted nothing to do with me, and all i could do was pray she would remember. i walked forward and ran my fingers through her hair before giving her a soft peck on the forehead. "goodnight y/n baby, sweet dreams" i gazed at her softly. "please remember" tears slowly formed and i bit my lip, trying not to show kenma i was crying again.

i turned and kenma wished y/n a soft goodnight before walked out of the room again.

'please y/n... please remember'