chapter 13

y/n pov

you watched as kuroo approached you in the white space. 'no way did he die? did i die?' you thought. you couldnt believe the sight you were seeing. suddenly kuroo squatted down infront of you as you lay helpless on the floor of your void. you still couldnt move and you couldnt sense the real world outside of you.

you looked at kuroo and up to his face, his eyes were glossy with tears and a smile was plastered on his face. you cocked your head slightly. just then he lifted his hand up gently and raised it towards your face and cupping your cheeks. the hands were warm and it was soothing, sending a wave of calmness through you. the pain was gone but you couldnt help but feel fear that you had just died. 'what happens in the after life ?'

kuroo was silent but his face only showed a smile. he removed his hand from your cheek and his hand moved up. he looked at you gently but you could see the sadness that had accumulated behind that smile of his. his hand raised and he gave you a flick on the forehead. this flick felt so soft but immediately after a huge jolting pain washed through your head. it was the most painful one yet and you wanted it to end. the white setting disappeared and you were confused for a moment.

suddenly, a million pictures swarmed through your head. it was as if your whole life was flashing before you. you were remembering, you took in everything as it slowly came back to you. every single memory you held came back. from when you were a child up until the incident. you were playing volleyball with the boys that night and you remembered the ball fly quickly towards you and how you blacked out. that was the last thing you remembered when you woke up at the hospital that day.

you remembered kuroo. he was your boyfriend and you were his girlfriend, and you were so deeply in love with him. you remembered every single date and every single thing you did with him. all the cheesy things he said and all the dumb conversations you had. he was your everything and you were so lucky to have him.

it hit you and you felt tears rush to your eyes. suddenly you jolted up, opening your eyes once again to the world, the restaurant while kenma sat opposite you in a frenzied state with his hand clasped in yours. a few waiters were keeping an eye on you and you looked at kenma and smiled.

kuroo must have felt so much pain, you had completely disregarded him them, you had treated him like a nuisance and you didnt even know how much it had hurt him. tears rushed to your eyes, you had confessed to kenma and you were pretty sure kuroo knew. you wanted to punish yourself, for the pain you'd caused him. he didnt deserve any of this. you just wanted to see him and apologise.

you looked around. kuroo wasnt there. you remembered he hadnt returned since the arcade, where you had confessed. your heart pounded, m

kuroo was in that white void in your head when you thought you died, did he die? your breathing rate increased. something didnt feel right.

"kenma... i think something happened to kuroo" you said softly before standing up and running out of the restaurant. kenma stood up and chased you. "y/n i dont think you're fit to run!" kenma shouted, but you didnt listen. tears were flowing freely out of your eyes. you didnt care you just had to find him and tell him how much you loved him.

you ran and more memories reaches your head. the song that had played in the arcade, your song. (feel free to play it again if you want)

you know you're mine;
you just forget sometimes;
so promise me you wont;
and you know i'll remind you when you think i dont;
hey stupid, i love you

the lines echoed through your head. you felt so bad, your heart wrenched and you didnt know if you could face him. but you knew something wasnt right and it irked at you.

you ran down every road, filled with desperation that you would find him. suddenly, you saw a tall figure standing on top of a bridge. you looked at the silhouette and you recognised it immediately. your eyes widened and your jaw dropped. you were shaking... he was going to jump.

he had seemed completely oblivious that you were there despite your loud footsteps when you ran. he was tuned out and he was in his own world. you had to stop him now.