chapter 2

y/n pov

the nurse checked on me once more before going to the doctor. i heard them talking outside while kenma sat by me, his eyes glued to the game.

the doctor walked in. "hey you can be discharged, you can accompany her right?" he turned to face kenma and he looked up from his game and nodded. the nurse removed my drip and i slowly got up and walked to the bathroom to change out of my hospital gown. i hobbled around and changed into a hoodie that seemed too big for me. i brushed if off and walked out of the bathroom ready to set off.

my belongings were passed to me and i reached to take my phone. i stared at it.. i dont remember my password.. i sighed. whatever it doesnt matter anyways i'll just get a new one. i switched it off and put it aside into my bag. as the final form was signed, i got up and trailed behind kenma as we walked out of the hospital.

kuroo pov
as y/n came out of the bathroom, i saw she was wearing a hoodie. my-hoodie, but she didnt know that. she looked so soft and adorable and i missed being able to put my arms around her and give her nice bear hugs. but now she had no recollection of me. it was useless because i knew she wasn't comfortable being around me. i looked down to the floor as my eyes welled up with tears. "please remember..." i mumbled as we walked to my car.

as we got into the car, kenma helped y/n into the back seat. i didnt dare touch her because i didnt want her to hate me. i just wanted her to be comfortable, even if it was without me. i started the engine and huffed, before driving in the direction of her apartment.

y/n pov
i looked out the window as kuroo drove, the scenery was unfamiliar and i had no recollection of any of it. every road looked new and every thing amazed me. "since when was japan so beautiful" i said aloud and kenma looked over at me.

"always" he said before looking down at his game again. kuroo peered at me through the mirror. our eyes met and his darted away, avoiding any more eye contact. i saw his eyes turn glossy through the mirror, his eyes welled up with tears. i looked away, not sure how to be of any comfort to him in this situation. i really didn't recognise him regardless how many times he could say he was my boyfriend. 'did i mean alot to him?' i thought as i continued to stare out the window.

timeskip-
as the car entered a carpark, the car slowly stopped. the car reversed into a parking space and kuroo parked. he got out and opened the door for me, he looked away, still not wanting to look at me. i couldnt help but have a burning feeling in my chest, i felt so bad and i couldnt do anything about it. we went up the elevator and approached a door.

"could u pass the key?" kuroo asked. i jolted and fumbled through my belongings. i took out a key and passed it to him. he unlocked the door and opened it, letting me and kenma in first before he entered and closed the door behind him. i looked around eagerly. "omg this house is so nice... is this really my house?" i asked as i looked at all the pretty decorations around, as well as the arrangement of all the furniture. it was beautiful.

kuroo pov
as i opened the door, y/n stepped in and looked around. it was like it was her first time stepping into the house. i looked at her as she marveled about the house. "omg this house is so nice... is this really my house?" she asked and kenma and i nodded. i bit my lip. she really couldn't remember a single thing...

flashback-
"y/n let's drop by ikea so we can get some new furniture for your house" i said to y/n as i helped carry the last few of her belongings into the car.
y/n was moving out of her parents house and into her own small apartment, a few rooms away from mine. i was so happy that i could be even closer to y/n so i could spend more time with her.

y/n nodded and we packed the last few things into the trunk before she got in next to me and we drove off to ikea.

timeskip-

"this bed is so nice !! it's so big!" she said as she ran across to the beds. she stood next to it and pointed eagerly. i smiled, y/n was so adorable and i was so lucky to have her.

we gathered the few pieces of furniture we chose together and carried it to the cashier. we paid and we rolled the trolley to my car. "get in" i said as i carried y/n and put her into the trolley. i jolted and ran, sprinting to the car, giving y/n a small roller coaster ride down the slope to the car. y/n laughed.  i carried her out and we loaded the good into the car before we drove off back to her new apartment.

we stepped in to reveal an empty and fresh apartment. it was time to get to work. we unwrapped all the ikea furniture and built it ourselves, just the two of us.

as we put the bed together, y/n groaned. "why are there so many screws?" she squinted as she panted. i laughed.

"oh shit...... this part was supposed to be on the otherside" i said and y/n's eyes widened. she leaned back and lay on the floor. "i dont wanna do this anymore" she said tossing the screwdriver aside.

"im kidding" i said pushing her. she pouted, before getting over it and grabbing the screwdriver.

timeskip-
after what seemed like an eternity we finally finished putting the bed together. we placed the mattress on top and flopped onto the bed, our backs filled with sweat. i leaned over and tackled y/n before tickling her. she screamed before attacking me as well. i laughed and wrapped my arms around her, preventing her from moving.

at 7pm, we finally finished building all the furniture and moving it to their spots. y/n and i did this together and we complained and sweat together. as we finished up the finishing touches at 10pm, y/n plopped onto the bed. i ordered food for dinner and we ordered pizza.

timeskip-

i sat on the couch as i waited for the food. y/n had gone to shower and i waited patiently. the house looked beautiful and both our sweat had gone into it. it was ours, even though my apartment was a few rooms down, it was ours. i smiled

flashback over-
i blinked to readjust my thoughts, i was now on the couch and kenma sat across me. i looked around and heard the water from the bathroom turn on, y/n was probably showering. it was happening again..

i glanced around the house to look at the surroundings. y/n didnt recognise this house, it was all new to her, she didn't remember us putting it together to fit it just for us... i peered at the floor and warm tears flowed out and down my cheeks.