chapter 8

kuroo pov
i watched as y/n and kenma sat next to each other, grinning from ear to ear as they played the racing game. y/n was energetic and i could see the pure joy that was plastered on her face. she was having the time of her life and it only hit me right in the chest.

i watched in silence, my eyes darting from the screen back to y/n and kenma. the jealousy of kenma boiled inside of me and i just wanted to push him aside. but i knew kenma wouldnt do that. he knew that we were together and he had no intention of ever taking her from me. she was just more comfortable and kenma wanted to keep her happy, and i was lowkey grateful.

"i'll go get us lunch" i began, not wanting to watch this any longer and the two of them hummed. i walked out of kenma's room and towards the front door. i trotted out of the house as i hung my head low at the ground. i recalled the pain in my chest when she first woke up and didnt recognise me. it was unbearable.

she was nice and she still wanted to be my friend after all that, and how desperate i must have seemed to her. but honestly i just couldnt live without her, she was my other half and the other half that made me whole. i walked towards a sushi place and i looked at the menu. "grilled eel sushi" i mumbled as i stared at the menu. i knew y/n loved eel and i just wanted to get it for her, i stepped up to the counter and ordered a sushi platter and a few containers of unagi sushi. as i pulled out my wallet and paid, i stared at the small polaroid in my wallet. it was of y/n and i on our first date when we went to the carnival. she was so adorable and i remember the wide smile on her face when i won her a giant teddy bear. i love her so much.

"number 16!" the counter worker shouted my queue number and i collected the food before heading out and back to kenma's house.

y/n wasnt mine anymore, not mine to hold. i hadnt felt her embrace in 2 months and i couldnt take it. i could barely even sleep, only tossing and turning each night, hoping y/n would remember and sleep next to me as we cuddled. my heart wrenched. she was comfortable with kenma, and not me. i stared at my phone lock screen, of y/n and i as i walked down the pavements. i couldnt do anything to be with her anymore...

y/n pov
as you made your way past the finish line you huffed in excitement as you got first place. it was a close race with kenma's car just a few centimetres behind you. "i love this omg" you cheered as kenma lightly sighed in defeat. he didnt let you win, or at least you didnt think so. you looked at kenma who showed you and unamused face, you laughed. 'he's so cute' you thought as you admired the small hints of anti socialism in him. he was relatively closed off and that was what made him seem like a total mystery and it drew your attention.

suddenly, you felt a sharp pain in your head. it was similar to the one that night and it hurt so bad. you fell forward onto the floor as you grasped at your head and pulled your knees to your chest. it was throbbing and you could feel the pounding in your head. 'why is this happening' your head was spinning.

"y/n ! are u ok ?" kenma immediately said with evident concern in his voice. you were in too much pain to answer and you just held onto to yourself. "i have some painkillers," kenma said in his soft tone as he walked quickly out of the room. you were now left alone in the room and your mind was spinning.

a few moments later, you heard the rushing of footsteps into the room. kenma was holding a glass of water and some pills. "here take this, maybe it'll ease the pain" he said passing you the
tablet and the glass. you took it down and gulped as the pain throbbed. you looked at kenma and your vision grew slightly blurry, before collapsing forward onto kenma's lap.

you weren't unconscious but you didnt have the strength to get up. the pain had slowly dissipated and you heard a few voices far away outside the room, before you felt two hands clasp under you and picking you up, placing you onto the bed for you to rest. the body felt big and it didnt seem like kenmas. 'kuroo ?' you thought before you drifted off.

kuroo pov
as i walked through the doors i realised it was awfully quiet. i dashed up to kenma's room to see y/n on the floor on kenma's lap. my eyes widened and kenma looked up at me. he slowly lifted y/n'a body up and placed her carefully onto the floor before standing up and pulling me out of the room.

"she had a sharp pain in her head and she collapsed. i gave her some pain killers but i think she's just drained and needs to rest" kenma explained and my heart raced, it was only filled with concern for her. we walked back into the room to reveal y/n still motionless on the floor. i bent down and carried her up before placing her onto the bed for comfort so she could get the rest she needed.

timeskip-

kenma and i sat in the room as we ate our lunch. it was silent and we just quietly watched y/n sleep. she was breathing nicely and her chest rose up and down as she inhaled and exhaled. i was scared to lose her, and i definitely didnt want anything to happen to her.

timeskip-

it was now around 5pm, kenma and i just talked in the room as we played a little animal crossing while y/n slept. suddenly, there was a shift under the covers. kenma and i turned back and watched as y/n's eyes fluttered open. she blinked and she peered at us. "are you ok ?" i asked and y/n quickly nodded. she looked over at kenma who's eyes were back onto the game.

"oo what game is rhat" she shot up and crawled over to kenma. "animal crossing" he mumbled. her face lit up and she sat on her legs as she watched kenma. my eyes were off my screen and i stared at y/n who's eyes were only on kenma and the game.

"we should go to one of those arcade thingies" she suddenly said to kenma. kenma nodded. "yea sure we could go tomorrow" he began and he continued playing. "kuroo you can come" kenma told me and i nodded. i watched as y/n's facial expression dropped a little at the mention of my name. my heart shattered.

"for now you should grab a bite for dinner and go sleep so you have energy for tomorrow" kenma told her and y/n whined. kenma pointed at the warmed up food i had bought for her for lunch and y/n nodded and she unpacked the sushi boxes and she munched on them. the content on her face was brimming. 'i knew she would like it' i smiled weakly.

later on y/n got cosy under the covers once more. "goodnight y/n" kenma said as he switched off one of the lights for y/n to sleep. "good night kenma !" she said excitedly and pulled the covers up to her chin.

"goodnight y/n" i mumbled and y/n stayed silent. "night kuroo" she said back before shutting her eyes. that was all i would get from her..