chapter 7

timeskip-

y/n pov
you felt a bright light shine across your face as you woke up. your eyes shot open, it was friday and you had an incredible night of sleep. you turned onto your side and peered at the clock, it was already 10am and you didnt want to get up. your body was still sore from playing volleyball almost a week ago. nonetheless you had enjoyed that day and the new friends you had made.

you peered over at your phone on your side table and picked it up, revealing a few new notifications on your lock screen. one of them was from kuroo. your eyebrows creased and you tapped on the notification and read the chat:

kuroo: hey do you wanna have dinner at kenma's place tonight ?
kuroo: you can come anytime

you cocked your head, 'why was kuroo the one asking?' anyway you texted back and agreed. you didnt have much to do anyways so you pulled yourself out of bed. it was only for dinner but you guessed that it wouldnt hurt to go now. after all you could go anytime you wanted. you walked to the bathroom and looked yourself in the mirror.

you felt a warm feeling trickle through your chest, you were going to spend an afternoon with kenma. you remembered the way he comforted you the night you spent at his house. you remembered the throbbing pain in your head and the way you shot up. kenma was there for you then and you couldnt help but feel extremely grateful for the cute boy.

you brushed your teeth quickly and cleaned up, before changing into one of the large hoodies you found in your closet. they were all so comfortable, yet they didnt seem to fit you very well, even if they were meant to be oversized. you had around 5 pieces and you just switched between them. they were so cosy and you felt to warm, there honestly wasnt anything else in your closet that was comfortable. it had a comfortable smell to it too.

you pulled it over your head and put on a fresh pair of shorts before grabbing your belongings and leaving. you walked down the streets that now looked more and more familiar. with each stride you took you imagined kenma's adorable face, the one you couldnt wait to see him.

as you approached his front gate, you pressed the doorbell without hesitation. you stood awkwardly at the door waiting for someone to come get you. slowly the door gate and door opened to reveal kuroo standing in the door way. 'oh he's here already' you felt your heart sink just a little. you thought you would be able to spend time with kenma.

kuroo pov
the doorbell rang and kenma was on his ps4. i walked towards the glass window to see who it was, only to see y/n standing at the gate with a cute sheepish look on her face. 'she's early' i thought as i hurried to open the gate and door for her. as she walked through the front gate, i noticed her wearing one of my hoodies again. i always saw her in them, and they were still the only thing she would wear. except that she had no idea that they were mine.

the hoodie was too big for her, but she looked adorable, as if she was embraced in a tight hug. "hi" i said softly and y/n smiled back at me.

"kenma's upstairs playing his ps4, but you can come up too" i said as i closed the doors and led her up to kenma's room. i didnt know how to talk to her and i could only let out a simple, "how have u been?" she looked up at me, before answering. "ive been alright, how about u?" i smiled. it was just like the first time i met her, except it was a little more awkward now than then.

"kenma, y/n's here" i said as i pushed open kenma's bedroom door. as i looked back at y/n who walked into the room, i noticed her face light up. "hii kenma !" she looked way happier to see him. my heart dropped, and i remembered that she forgot who i was to her.

y/n pov
"hi y/n" kenma mumbled back at you with his eyes fixated on the screen. he was playing some racing game, against some online players or something. you plopped yourself next to him on the bed and watched him play on the screen. he was in first place.

"that looks so fun" you began and kenma hummed. "do u wanna play aft im done" he said and you quickly nodded. you watched as kenma raced pass the finish line, earning him a higher score. he stood up and grabbed another controller before passing it to you.

"you have to hold down this button to break and this to accelerate" he explained calmly as he pointed at the different buttons to press. you nodded, understanding it partially but you decided to just play and see.

"3,2,1" the screen hummed and you held down the buttons, causing your car to speed quickly. you swerved your controller and the car on screen followed suit. you were quite good and you were already in third place. you peered over at kenma's screen and he was evidently in first place. you tried to press your controller harder, only to no avail.

slowly, you realised that you were accelerating, or that kenma was slowing down. "are u letting me win ?" you asked soundinf offended, causing kenma to let out a chuckle. "dont do that" you pouted and kenma shrugged, causing him to press down on the button and accelerate quickly past the finish line in first place. "ehsjdu what" you said dumbfounded.

"one more round!" you said, not feeling any justice. kenma nodded and laughed. it was really fun sitting next to him and playing. kenma was relaxed and you had butterflies in your stomach. "let's go " you announced and kenma retorted. "yes miss we'll see who wins this round" he said, putting his game face on.

kuroo pov
i watched as y/n and kenma sat energetically on the edge of the bed with their eyes glued to the screen. i felt like a third wheel. of my own girlfriend.