chapter 10

y/n pov
you stared at the ground, waiting for a response to come. kenma stuttered. "y/n i cant im sorry. i dont see you that way, i see you as a friend y/n chan. you're my best friend but im afraid that's all" he said softly but awkwardly, clearly taken back by your confession. you slowly looked up at him with tears in you eyes.

"besides... you're kuroo's" he continued as he walked up to you and gave you a hug. "im sorry" he said and you melted into his embrace as you sobbed. you knew you couldnt be with him and you couldn't help but think it was kuroo's fault. you looked up from kenma's shoulder to look for kuroo but he was nowhere in sight.

"we're still friends ok? we'll always be" kenma muttered as he rubbed his hand up and down your back, giving you a sense of comfort. you nodded slowly, accepting your temporary fate. 'maybe it was just too soon' you thought, determined to think that you still had a chance with kenma. he made you very happy.

you pulled away from kenma's grasp and wiped away your tears. nodding and deciding to be patient. "wanna play something else?" kenma said awkwardly as he turned to look at the other games. you nodded. kenma pulled his phone out from his pocket and typed a few things. you leaned a little closer to try and see what it was but you didnt see it. you shrugged it off and kenma and you walked towards the dancing game. (i forgot what it's called, the one where you step on the arrows)

kuroo pov
i stared blankly at the stall door as my eyes stung from the tears. i sniffed hard, trying to clear up my nose, but tears just kept coming. i felt so helpless and i could no longer feel any happiness.

ding ! my phone chimed and i slowly pulled out my phone to see a text from kenma.

kenma: hey are you ok ?
kenma: i rejected her,
kenma: dont be sad ok? we'll figure this out soon

i doubted it, that any of this could be fixed. it has already been more than a month and she still couldnt remember. i sniffed and typed a small,

kuroo: okay

i shoved the phone back into my pocket and wiped off the rest of my tears. my breathing returned to normal but all the negative emotions still swirled around my chest and it was painful. i unlocked the door and stared into the mirror, my eyes were bright red and so was my nose. tear stains were running down my cheeks. i looked so pathetic. i washed my tears away and breathed in, i couldnt walk out looking like that.

as i pulled my pathetic physical appearance together i inhaled deeply before exiting the bathroom.

PAUSE I NEED YOU TO GO ON SPOTIFY/YOUTUBE AND LISTEN TO THIS SONG RIGHT NOW

*LISTEN TO THE LYRICS THEY'RE IMPT*

Hey Stupid, I Love You
JP Saxe
0:46 ---------------⚪️---------------------- 3:01

🚨🚨🚨IMPORTANT 🚨🚨🚨

PAUSE I NEED YOU TO GO ON SPOTIFY/YOUTUBE AND LISTEN TO THIS SONG RIGHT NOW (listen while reading)

*LISTEN TO THE LYRICS THEY'RE IMPT*

Hey Stupid, I Love You
JP Saxe
0:46 ---------------⚪️-------------------- 3:01

y/n pov
as yoy won the dance game quickly you felt a hinge of excitement in you. you had finally won against kenma. you had forgotten about the rejection you faced and was only overjoyed at your success. as the two of you walked towards another game, a song started. it was a familiar song, a song you seemed to know very well. you started to hum along smoothly, as if it wasnt your first time hearing it when it was.

kuroo pov
the speakers started playing a song and i immediately recognised it. it was y/n and i's song. our favourite song and it always reminded me how much i loved her and she would always say to listen to it whenever we were down. i felt the tears rush back up to my eyes as i stood in the middle of the pathway, not sure what to do with myself anymore