A little bit longer

I want to hold onto you just a little bit longer. And I know that I'm not in love with you anymore but God you're just so safe , you're just so you , you're just everything I never imagined but now see myself needing. I see you , I see your flesh , your bone , your insecurities and flaws , I see you and all the things that make you feel at home and I love you for it. For your honey eyes , your caramel thighs , your sweet unbelievable but convincing enough lies.

I want to put my hands on you , on every scar , every painful mark , every little thing you try to hide and i want to unravel the very essence of who you truly are. Because I swear I can love it all. From your heartless phases , to your soft and delicate layers , I could teach you what true love really is.

I should hate you , I should be angry for every tear you made me spill , for every broken poem , for each and every wound and every scar but I can't because those wounds have carved your name boldly and colourfully across my tainted heart.

And one day when I am grey and old , when I've finally learnt how to let go , atleast I'll be able to say that I had a love so strong , it took my soul breaking into two , just to drop the weight of carrying us , of carrying you. But for now , just for today , I'll love you and hold on just a little bit longer.

                                           -Liyah Smith