Chapter 5: Something Important

After school is over, Suneo said that the first day of school is really exhausted and he can't wait to go home.

Suneo Honekawa: Whew, what a long day...

Nobita Nobi: Sure is, right guys?

Shizuka Minamoto: Yeah, it is a more tiring one than elementary school, but I do kinda miss our old Sensei. He sure does give me memory.

She turns her head behind her new school and starts thinking about Shiroi and what is she going to do every day to watch over him. She felt heart-pumping when she looks at Nobita.

Nobita Nobi: Shizuka, are you alright?

She nodded in the agreement as they continued walking back home. At Nobita, his parents aren't home and his room is still the same as ever, except for his closet. When he looked around, he sees his old pictures and comics from when he was a little kid. He digs into his closet and sees a picture falling down to the floor. He picks it up and sees his childhood friend, Doraemon.

Nobita Nobi: Doraemon, I really miss you so much. Thank you for the memories you gave me and I'll never forget the time you changed my life into a better future.

Before putting the picture back inside the closet, flashbacks start of his friends' departure.

*flashback starts*

Nobita Nobi: Doraemon, thank you for everything.

Doraemon: It's been a pleasure to have you Nobita as a friend. Not only just a friend, a family. A family to remember.

They both hugged each other as the flashback ends

*flashback ends*

Nobita Nobi: Doraemon... I wish I can see you again one last time.

He lays down on the floor and begins to think if the Time Machine is able to work again. Without hesitation, he quickly gets back up again and opens the drawer. There's nothing inside, but pencils and papers, including his old "0 scores" test from back in Elementary. With nothing to do today since he completed his homework at school, he goes downstairs and looks for "something". He searched everywhere, but what kind of item or gadget is he looking for?

Nobita Nobi: I looked everywhere, but I can't find it. I should've told him what's the hint before my friend left for good. I'm so stupid...

Shizuka Minamoto: Nobita! Are you home?!

Nobita Nobi: Oh, Shizuka! What's up?

Shizuka Minamoto: Can I talk to you for a minute? I found "something" buried in my front yard!

Nobita Nobi: It can't be...

Nobita and Shizuka walk together to her house back and she looks at Nobita's beautiful face. She glares for three seconds before he looks at her.

Nobita Nobi: Shizuka? What are you doing?

Shizuka Minamoto: Oh, there's a bug at your cheek and I stared at it for a few seconds before it flew away.

Nobita Nobi: Oh, I see. I thought you meant that you were staring at me because you have a crush on me.

Shizuka Minamoto: No, that's not what I meant!! We're only together as a "best friend".

Nobita Nobi (in mind): As a friend... hmm.

After arriving at Shizuka's house, she points at the small hole and founds a blue box that says "To Everyone From Doraemon". Shizuka pointed out that she won't open the box until her friend Nobita arrives. Since he is already here, he grabs the box and observes it for a second.

Shizuka Minamoto: Well, are you gonna open it?

Nobita Nobi: I guess so.

He opens it the box and found a small "Portable Mini-Dora" and a digital note behind the Minidora gadget.

Nobita and Shizuka: A Minidora?!

Shocked by the gadget, Minidora opens his eyes and hugs Nobita and the gadget is quite bigger than the usual Minidora that Doraemon has back then. Shizuka grabs the note inside the box and opens it.

Shizuka Minamoto: Nobita, look. There's a note and it looks really virtual too.

Nobita Nobi: Oh what is it?

Nobita grabs the virtual note and reads it:

Dear Nobita and Shizuka,

Hello Nobita and Shizuka, my two best friends in the whole world, I couldn't say thank you enough for the incredible experiences and adventures we have gone through when you guys were so little. Sewashi is happy that the future on his side was drastically changed after I came to your time. I will also thank you for the wonderful memories with you guys and especially you Nobita. You are my life savior and a wonderful person and now you've completely changed the way you are, I brought you this limited Minidora that will keep an eye out on you guys for some quiet time before it disappears and returns to my own time. I don't when, but I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. Good luck out there everyone.

-Doraemon

Nobita Nobi: Doraemon, our own friend that we will never forget. I am so happy that we were able to get along with him before he left.

As both Minidora and Shizuka watch him shed a tear on the virtual note, she gets closer to him and gives him a soft handkerchief then wipes the tear off on his cheek.

Nobita Nobi: Shizuka...

He watches her smiling at him and thanks her for wiping his tear off and then Minidora gets on top of his hair and calms him down with mysterious smoke around him. The smoke itself is white and smells like strawberry removing all of his stressful thoughts inside his body.

Nobita Nobi: Mini-dora, what's that?

Minidora: Dorara. Dorara. (That's one of my healing moves)

Shizuka Minamoto: How sweet, that was so cool.

During the night, all the Nobi family were eating at the dining table for some warm soup and sushi. While eating, Nobita watches the empty chair for a few seconds.

Tamako Nobi: What's wrong Nobita? You look down today.

Nobisuke Nobi: Ahh, I see... still sad about Doraemon's departure. Well, I had the same thought too when I separated from my own brother too.

Nobita Nobi: Really?

However, at Shizuka's house, she is playing with her new Minidora and then looks at the bright stars outside her window. She tells Minidora to come with her for a minute on the balcony. Outside, Minidora was really excited to have her as a new friend as Shizuka giggled with cuteness.

Shizuka Minamoto: You know Minidora, you were right about Nobita. He really wants you to watch over me for quite a while. Nobita doesn't need Doraemon anymore because he needs to focus on living on his own without any guidance. Someday Minidora, it will happen to us too and probably will take months or years. However, as long as I'm with you, you won't be alone.

Minidora: Dorara.. dorara! ^_^

End Of Chapter 5