7 ~ Jacket

-One Month Later-

Levy's Pov

Lucy and Natsu still weren't on great speaking terms. Everyone in the guild could tell they were totally and completely miserable. 

"Hey Levy, I'm gonna take a job. I'll be back soon!" Lucy said walking about the guildhall doors. 

"Wait! Let me come wit-" Before Natsu could finish his sentence she was already gone. 

"Damn," Slamming his fist onto the table. " Lucy please," it was quiet but I could hear it under his breath

When Lucy came back 3 hours later she was covered in bruises and small scratches, nothing too bad. 

She smiled at me and walked over to the bar. An hour later and it was getting pretty dark so she decided to walk home. 

Lucy's Pov

Something was weird about the job I had taken. When I had gotten back I was tired and a mess but I didn't care, all I wanted was a smoothie. Happy had come up to me when I was about to leave and decided to ask me something. 

It was clear my face was pretty red, not from blushing or because I was up, I was embarrassed. 

"You know Lucy... Your shorts ripped in the back." 

Freaking out I had stood up and checked, it was true and I had nothing to cover myself up. Walking home like this was not what I had in mind. 

"Lucy?" 

I turned to see none other than Natsu. Despite what people believed I was never mad at Natsu, I was just hurt. I forgave Natsu we just didn't talk anymore. 

"Here, use this," He slightly smiled at me and handed me his jacket to tie around my waist. "I can walk you home?" I nodded to give my approval. 

Walking toward my apartment was the most silent and awkward experience I've ever had. Soon enough I had become dizzy from stress and my knees gave out, causing me to fall over. 

"Lucy!" Natsu got closer to me and assisted me back up, supporting me the rest of the way to my home. 

When we got there he helped me inside and turned to head out. "Do you want to stay?" I dreaded this but we have to talk sometime. "I can make you some dinner in exchange for you helping me out?" 

He nodded and showed his bright smile that I hadn't seen in years.