11 ~ One Night

-Lucy's Pov-

When we arrived back at the guild, and Natsu put me down, I immediately collapsed on a chair. The pain from the burns covering my body finally set in and the strain on the magic use today was exhausting leaving me feeling weak and tired. 

"Hey, Luce are you alright?" 

I couldn't reply focused on my blistering skin and made a small 'mm' to assure him I was okay. Wendy had come over having seen what state I was in and comforted me while healing my searing flesh. 

"I'll get us some food?" Natsu suggested and I smiled at him and he ran over to get something for us to eat. 

-Later that Night- 

When I got home that night I felt alone. I had been for years of course but something felt different tonight. So I opened up the window and took a quick shower. After getting dressed and slipping under my blankets I heard a slight creaking in my window. I assumed it was Natsu but didn't have the energy to check as I quickly drifted to sleep.

In all honesty, if it was Natsu I would be rather happy. He didn't hold a grudge against me for leaving and still wanted to be my friend. I know he didn't mean what he said but was I just not supposed to listen to what my friend said? 

---

When I woke up I realized I was alone. No Happy, no Natsu. I could have sworn I hear the window last night only to feel the cold wind on my face after I sat up.  I sighed and got up to get dressed and I hoped there was some food left from my last shopping trip.  I stepped into the bathroom to shower. Once I stepped out I started to get changed and a certain pink-haired fire mage walked into the room. 

"Lucyyy, you're out of food." 

"Natsu?" I stopped for a moment, "Natsu!" I jumped at him and hugged him. 

"Lucy. C'mon me and you were going to breakfast, it's a date." 

I shook awake, awake finally. Realizing, I was still in bed. Natsu wasn't actually in my kitchen. Instead, he was next to me his arms tightly around my waist like I would run away. Rather, I melted into it falling back asleep. 

---------------------------

A/N: Hey I know its short but I haven't updated in so long so here you go