10 ~ Lost soul

A//N: Hey, I know I put in a whole lot of Authors' notes but I want to thank you first for  500+ reads. 

Lucy's Pov

Hearing a scream from the town our instincts kick in and we run towards it. Once we reached the center of town we began looking around for the cry. 

"I can't find a single person!" Natsu shouted running over to me. 

"Me either... Something bad must have happened, how could we have missed it?"

That's when the ground became liquid as if it was melting and sucking me and Natsu down. 

Third Person Pov

Lucy and Natsu continued sinking through the ground until soon they fell many meters into a pile of people. 

From every direction, there were screams and crying you could hear. Hundreds of monsters were surrounding the people and when they turned there was a large arch opening a long hallway, looking at each other, then back in front of them they began running. 

Arriving at the end was a large circular room, dark lit by torches that sat on the walls, and in the middle was a child. She looked like she was asleep, she was on the ground in a small pink blanket trembling. 

"A nightmare?" Lucy spoke up and walked over to the child to wake her, when she went to touch the kid's arm she was sent flying into a wall.

Monsters filled the room, they were small and after standing up Lucy switched into her Sagittarius star dress and shot them all down. With each strike hitting the monsters they disappeared. They were simply illusions. 

"Alright..." She looked over to Natsu with her most serious face and then went over to the child. 

Calling upon Aries she had her create a small wool ball big enough to set the child on and then wool walls just in case she was sent flying again. 

Natsu's Pov

'Lucy is so incredible...' I thought to myself. 'She's strong and thinks everything through, she was able to take down all those monsters and deal with her burns. Although I can't help but wonder if she was okay? She looked tired and beaten.' 

Gently she blew into the child's ear as a way to wake her without any contact. When the child stirred she gently touched her arm and rocked it a bit.

"Hey..." Lucy quietly said picking up the child. She picked up the blanket and wrapped it around the small girl. "Are you okay honey?" She cooed to the child. 

The girl nodded and rubbed her eyes, "Where is your momma?" 

The child shook her head and tears brimmed in her eyes, "I.. don't know." 

Walking over I took the child into my arms, Lucy had protested for a moment but let me after a minute. "Well, uhm... Do you happen to know where you live darling?"

This time she nodded. 

--

They walked back to the main area and got everyone back up to the town finding a staircase. The child had begun pointing Natsu and Lucy in the right direction to go until we came upon an alley, "I live here." 

"Homeless?" Lucy whispered at the same time I thought the same thing. "Are you sure this is where you live?" The young girl shook her head unsure and turned to the houses around it trying to find which house she recognized.

"Poppy!" We heard a woman shout as she ran toward us, at first we were startled but then we saw the girl reach toward her. 

"Mommy!" After a short conversation with her, we started heading home. 

"Oh good she has a home, I was worried..." Lucy whispered under her breath her concern slowly draining from her body.

Lucy had sighed and she thought I didn't notice. "Are you okay?" 

"Hm? Oh yeah, just kinda tired is all." 

"I can carry you?" 

"No, no I'm fine don't worry." 

Without acknowledging what she said I picked her up and put her on my back. 

"Natsu you really don't have to I'm fine, plus I'm heavy." 

"I want to and honestly.. you are really light." 

"Considering I lost 10 pounds while I was away..." Lucy mumbled. 

(I would say more to make a bigger difference but you have to remember lucy only weighs like 103lbs in the show and losing that weight really isn't healthy.)