𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎

[Hey, I have art block, please give me ideas I beg of you]
[[Also, good ol' Schlatt slowly becomes bad guy again, except you just jump into it because yeah]]

But, alas, all great things must come to an end. For Wilbur, that's when he woke up to find not only Schlatt gone, but also the fact he was a ghost again.

He looked around, searching for the man he had fallen asleep next to the night before, disappointed to find no one there. He floated out of the room, looking at Technoblade and Tommy.

"Mornin' Sleeping Beauty."

Techno said, flipping through his book.

"Have you seen Schlatt? He's not down there."

Tommy shook his head as he rummaged through the barrels, Techno doing the same. Wilbur sighed, fluffing his hair. Concern was written across his face as he paced the room, while the blonde British boy and the pink haired man both tried to comfort him.

They heard footsteps crunching outside the home, Wilbur's face lighting up. His smile suddenly dropped when the high pitched scream echoed across the land. Quickly floating over to the door, the Brit pushed it open, met with his lover kicking the absolute shit out of a fox, Alex casually bound and thrown against the home.

Wilbur stared at him in horror, immediately noticing the lack of the bright blue sweater, the white horns that used to adorn his head replaced with golden ones, his soft brown ears pierced and slightly torn. He wore a black suit, his tie used to bind Alex's hands, his black slacks and his dress shoes stained with blood. Another shrill shriek echoed throughout the snowy planes, as the fox crumpled up, dissipating into white smoke.

The ram-man turned his head, facing Alex. He crouched down, grabbing his dark hair, pulling him forward. Schlatt smiled, whispering to the other man, who, in turn, spit on the brown haired man. The smile melted off his face as Schlatt stood up, kicking Alex's chest, blood spurting out of his lips.

Wilbur quickly moved over to Schlatt, grasping his arm, pulling him back. The American turned, staring at the other ghost, who looked incredibly upset. A cruel smile spread onto his black, liquor stained lips.

"Schlatt...?"

"Wilbur."

"What are you doing?!"

Schlatt looked at Alex, than back at Wilbur, than back at Alex.

"I... I don't know."

Realization seemed to dawn on the ram-man as he stared at Alex's bloodied body. He shrugged Wilbur's arm off, walking over to the bound up man, only to be dragged back by the Brit. Techno and Tommy emerged from the house, both wearing armor, the pink haired man cocking his crossbow, the blonde boy gripping his sword.

"Wilbur! What happened?!"

Tommy yelled, pointing his sword at Schlatt, who was staring at Alex, the red heart that beat on the outside of his clothes speeding up. Techno moved over to the bleeding man who was propped up against the wall, as Wilbur and Tommy dragged Schlatt back into the home. They threw him down on a chair, the two talking, before the blonde boy jumped down the ladders, Wilbur keeping the other man on the seat by straddling him.

"W-Wilbur, get off me. I... I can explain."

"Be quiet Schlatt. Please. Don't make this harder for me to do."

"Wilbur, please. I'm begging you. I.. I swear I have an explanation."

The Brit shook his head, looking back over at the trap door.

"TOMMY! HURRY UP!"

He shouted, before looking back at Schlatt. The beautiful, multicolored eyes that Wilbur had stared into so many times had returned, the liquor stains gone.

"Wil-"

"Just... please be quiet, Schlatt."

Tommy soon climbed back up the ladder, looking at Wilbur, cocking an eyebrow, before shaking his head. Techno came inside, holding Alex, even though the same man earlier that month had sent Techno off to execute him. Wilbur got up off Schlatt's lap, moving over to Alex, comforting him, while Tommy tied the American's wrists, and ankles, down to the chair.

Wilbur told him specifically what kind of substances and materials ghosts can and can't go through. So, when he heard wool, he immediately went down to his room, tearing up the wool sweater the current president of L'manberg had gifted him, before coming back up, tying Schlatt down.

The tall Brit had stayed near Alex, quietly asking what happened, Techno examining Schlatt, poking and prodding his transparent body with his sword, Tommy asking him questions, before going over to Wilbur.

"This is the farthest you've been from Schlatt in the past couple days, Wil."

"Well, do you blame me?"

Tommy looked behind him at Schlatt, who was staring at the ground as Techno continued to interrogate him. The blonde boy looked back at Wilbur, shaking his head.

"I got it. Anyway, what happened with Alex? He tell you anything?"

Wilbur nodded sadly.

"Says he woke up this morning because he heard stuff crashing. Walked down, found Schlatt telepathically throwing his shit around the room. When he saw Alex, he had walked over to him, and immediately started to attack him. Poor guy was dragged out of his home, dragged through L'manberg, dragged through the Nether, bound and thrown into the freezing water, before getting dragged and thrown against the house. Says a fox came up, nipped Schlatt, and that's why he was kicking it."

Tommy frowned, before gesturing to Schlatt. Wilbur nodded, getting the idea. He floated over to the other ghost, who had been staring at the ground, Techno standing next to him.

"He's not talking, Wil."

"I'm aware."

"...I don't know..."

Silence filled the room when Schlatt spoke. His usually warm voice was gravelly, rough, and it sounded as it two people were talking.

"I don't know why I did it. I don't even remember doing it."

He looked over at Alex, who scooted against the wall more.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I... I don't have an excuse for it."

Wilbur watched the American's hands shake.

"God fucking dammit, I always do this. And it's always Alex. Fuck."

He whispered, staring at the floor.

"I'm sorry."