𝙾𝚑 𝙰𝚗𝚊

"What did he say about me?"
-——-—-——-—-—-——-——-—-——-—-—-——-——-

Wilbur stared at Schlatt, studying his face. He didn't look like the Schlatt he just saw. That one had a softer, more relaxed outfit, while this one wore a business suit.

"You look different."

"Oh. Would you prefer the blue hoodie?"

Schlatt disappeared for a second, only to come back in his previous outfit. His hair dangled over his face, the white streaks rather prominent. Wilbur stared at him, carefully reaching up and touching the soft, white hair on the other man's head.

"That's weird..."

Wilbur muttered, before Schlatt quickly slapped the other guy's hand away. He whimpered, staring at the slightly shorter guy.

"What? My hair? It just does that sometimes."

"Well, I'm not protesting it. You look nice with it."

Schlatt snickered at Wilbur's comment, before lazily walking past him into the stone hut. He looked around, staring at the numerous bookshelves, the brewing stands, the multiple scratch marks on the walls.

"Nice place you got here, Wil. Very quaint."

Schlatt smiled, pulling one of the many books off the bookshelf. He opened it, skimming the pages. Wilbur quickly ran over, snatching the book from his hands.

"Don't look at that. That's my memory journal."

Schlatt laughed. It wasn't like the laugh Wilbur heard in Tommy's house. It was soft and silky, like a blanket. It made Wilbur feel warm, which was odd. He silently reminded himself that this man in front of him, this goat, was a bad guy, who had obviously hurt a lot of people.

Wilbur hugged his journal, staring at Schlatt. The two stared at each other, Wilbur's face slowly heating up, watching the smirk appear on the other man's face. The sudden sound of people yelling echoed outside the home, startling the two men.

Wilbur floated out of the hut, looking over to the tall walkways of L'manberg. Tommy, Tubbo, Alex, Fundy, and Dream seemed to be arguing. Tommy seemed to have tears streaming down his face, as he gripped his shirt. It looked like he was panicking. Schlatt poked his head out of the hut, looking up at Wilbur.

"What's going on, Soot?"

"I don't know.. I'll go check."

Wilbur moved over to the five men. Tubbo was arguing with Alex and Fundy, while Tommy stood still, a couple small tears falling down his face. Wilbur wanted to comfort the boy, but decided against it, as he probably shouldn't interrupt them.

Tommy began screaming at Tubbo, who, in turn, began screaming back. The two boys went back and forth arguing, before Tommy grabbed the other boy by his blazer, staring at him.

"You're acting like Schlatt, Tubbo."

"W-what?"

"You're acting like Schlatt. I don't think you wanna act like that."

Tubbo stared at Tommy, tears welling up in his eyes. He pushed the taller boy away, gripping his own arms.

"...you're exiled..."

"What?"

"YOU'RE EXILED! GET OUT OF L'MANBERG AND NEVER COME BACK!"

Wilbur covered his mouth, staring at Tommy, who's face dropped sadly. He backed up, before running. He disappeared past the tall cobblestone towers, Wilbur looking over to Tubbo, who had begun walking towards his home, Dream following him.

Schlatt showed up next to Wilbur, staring at him. He put a hand on his shoulder, giving the slightly taller man a grim face.

"Why did they compare Tubbo to you?"

Wilbur asked sadly, looking at Schlatt, who, in turn, had looked down at the ground. He looked back up at Wilbur, giving him a sad smile.

"Uhm... context clues, Wil. I wasn't a good guy."

Wilbur frowned, hitting the sides of his head. He looked frustrated as he took his beanie off, throwing it down.

"I don't want people to have to tell me things like that! I want to remember everything! It's not fair! Everyone else remembers what I've done, so why can't I?!"

Wilbur screamed, tears streaming out of his eyes. He looked up, the large blue, white, red, yellow, and black flags of L'manberg, the wind blowing through them. Schlatt looked at the grey man, frowning.

"Is that so much to ask?"

He whispered, closing his eyes. Schlatt softly put a hand on his shoulder, staring at him. Wilbur looked at the other male, before shrugging his hand off. He grabbed his beanie off the ground, sighing.

"Never mind. I should probably go and make sure Tommy is okay."

Wilbur whispered again, floating over to where Tommy had left, before feeling someone grab his arm. He turned around, staring at Schlatt. He furrowed his brows, staring at the ram-man.

"Would you like me to go with you?"

"No."

"Oh. Maybe.. I could go talk to that Tubbo kid?"

"Sure. Just, don't bother me and Tommy."

"Alright. Okay. I... guess I'll see you later, Wilbur."

"Yeah. I guess so, Schlatt."

The two spirits went off their separate ways, Wilbur floating out, finding a newly built nether portal, watching the purple swirling patterns float through the entrance. He sighed, stepping into it, quietly waiting to be transported out.

Tommy needed to come back. And Wilbur was going to help him.

Schlatt, on the other hand, was going to deal with the president of L'manberg. It took the ram-man a little while to find the small cottage that Tubbo lived in. He placed his hands on the wooden columns, tracing each little pattern in them. He hadn't visited Tubbo's home at all when he was alive. Maybe he should've. Schlatt sighed.

'No time for being nice. You have to be tough. Sarcastic. Rude.'

He thought. He touched the door, preparing to kick it down, before doing a double take. Why was he doing this again? For Wilbur? Is that why? And if so, why? Did he feel pity for the other ghost? Is that why he was about to threaten a child who he had scarred enough? Why was he doing this? He didn't even like Tommy, so why was he trying to bring him back. It had to be because of Wilbur. Wilbur. Wilbur..

Schlatt shook his head, staring at the wooden door. No time. Stop thinking about Wilbur. You're doing this on your own. Just scare the kid. Get him to bring back Tommy. Simple as that. He sighed again, raising his foot.

Do it for Wilbur.