Sunlight

"Bloody hell. You've got to be joking."

Ellie awoke to the sound of Ron's voice. She fluttered her eyes open slowly, squinting as the early morning sun battered down on her.

Her first sight was the red-headed boy, his eyes wide with surprise as he crouched over the Hufflepuff. Ron gasped loudly and immediately turned around, his eyes franticly searching for help.

"Someone call Hermione! Tell her it's important!" Ron yelled to the faint figure lingering about the house, seeming to be observing the nature before them.

He turned to Ellie once more, his eyes struck with worry as he analyzed her state. "You look bloody horrifying, Ellie."

"Thanks, Ronald." Ellie muttered sarcastically, her voice raspy and hoarse. The weeks of minimal talking had clearly taken a toll on her, her usually smooth voice now resembling that of a toad.

Ellie proceeded to prop herself up on her elbows as the tiredness wore off, wincing at the movement as a painful sting distributed itself through her body.

"No, no. Lay back down. You're hurt," Ron commented, but Ellie didn't listen and continued to fully sit up, her weight resting on her palms behind her.

She took in her surroundings, noticing the cottage Narcissa described from a distance, illuminated by the sunlight's reflection emitting from the water. The tides were low, yet the wet sand stuck to Ellie's body. She never appreciated the sunlight like she did now, realizing that it was her first time seeing it in two weeks. She basked in its warmth, feeling the rays hit her skin in a familiar and comforting manner.

Luna came running towards the two, her face expressing disappointment.

"She won't come. Hasn't showed herself in weeks," Luna told Ron solemnly. Her innocent eyes flickered to Ellie, who gave a weak smile towards Luna.

"Bloody hell. I'll go get her myself then. Stay here," Ron ordered as he broke into a fast sprint towards the cottage, kicking the sand behind his shoes.

Luna took his place and crouched besides Ellie, smiling down at her. She carried a bruise just underneath her right eye, though it didn't seem to bother her.

"Glad you're here, Ellie," Luna greeted. "We've all been worried sick about you. But Hermione's had it the worst. She's been... keeping herself busy these couple of weeks. You know, with finding a way to save you. I hear her every night, crying behind locked doors."

A deep sigh came from Ellie's mouth as she thought about her girlfriend's method of coping with her failed escape.

"Glad to see you too, Luna. Thank you for telling me. And... thank you, for keeping an eye on her. You're truly a great friend. I've really missed you," Ellie croaked, smiling at her warmly.

"Of course," Luna chirped. She glanced behind her, watching as a figure sprinted towards them, wind coursing through her tangled locks as she desperately pushed one foot in front of the other.

"Well, I'll see you inside, Ellie. We can chat more once you've recovered."

Luna stood up and gave another innocent smile before she returned back to the cottage, dazing up at the clouds as she walked slowly.

Ellie watched as the figure became more clear, her face sharpening with every nearing step. She had tears of relief streaming down her face, though Ellie couldn't help but break into a small smile at the sight.

A few more seconds passed. They were painfully slow as Ellie waited for her. She began to grow more impatient and attempted to rise to her feet, but were held down by the overbearing pain that dictated her body.