Prologue

A/N: The grammar errors in this chapter are intentional because Diana is 4 years old here. After this, she is 16 and the errors won't be present. Enjoy!

My favorite show is Hops. It's about a fun bunny rabbit. And Hops always says that 'Perfect days are one in a million'. That means that they don't happen a lot.

I got the one in a million today, because all day, I didn't feel sad, or mad, or bored, or anything bad today. I didn't cry even once! I didn't fall over or get a boo-boo, or drop something and break it. I was happy every single minute. So it was a perfect day.

We all readed what Miss Kramer put on the big board. "Today is Tuesday, November 8th, 2011. Today, we learned how to count to fifteen, how to mix colors, and how to sing Old McDonald had a Farm."

"Very good! Clap your hands!" She clapped with us. "Now, bus kids line up at the door on the left side, car kids on the right. Let's pack up and go!"

I got my lunch box and my backpack and lined up with the bus kids. My bestest friend Thelma lined up in front of me. She was really cool and she had those glasses I always wanted to wear, but Mommy said it was only for kids with bad seeing, so I wasn't allowed to wear them, because I could see good. She was also super-duper smart!

Miss Kramer leaded us to the big doors of the preschool, which was called First Steps Preschool. She stopped, so everyone had to stop, too.

"Diana! Look at my springy!" My friend Celeste runned to me with a thing in her hand. It looked fun. It had colors of the rainbow, and it looked like a bunch of stars on top of each other.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's called a springy!" she said. "See? It's like a big string, and it's like a star, and it all bounces together! See?" She pulled it and pushed it together. It was really funny. We giggled.

"Can I try it?" Thelma asked.

Celeste's face went angry. "No! You have to be four!"

Thelma's face went sad. She was three, and she was gonna be four in March.

"Can I try?" I asked Celeste.

"Okay." She smiled really nice to me and gived it to me. I played with it.

"Celeste, get back in line, please," Miss Kramer said.

Celeste runned back to the back of the line. Her family's name was Zucker, so she had to go all the way to the end of the alphabet.

"Here." I talked really quiet so nobody could hear me. I gived Thelma the springy and put my finger on my mouth, because that meaned to be quiet.

She smiled. "Thank you!" she said loud.

I put my finger on my mouth again. "Shh!"

She covered her mouth. "Thank you," she said more quiet.

We went to the bus place and Miss Kramer called our names so we could get on the big bus. I went up the little stairs to the bus and sitted next to the window near the front. It was my favoritest spot.

Thelma sitted next to me. She looked really happy, too. We both got the most perfect day ever today.

Celeste Zucker walked inside the bus last. Thelma gived me the springy, because Celeste was gonna be angry if she seed Thelma with it. I didn't like when other kids were mad at me. And today was a perfect day. So mad and sad wasn't allowed.

The bus moved and the school got smaller and smaller until I couldn't see it anymore. Buses and cars were magic! The world moved around me, and stuff got smaller when I leaved it. It shrinked behind me, and the stuff in front of me growed until it was big enough to go inside.