╰┈─➤ ❝ chapter fourteen ❞

⌗15 . chapter fourteen

SOUNDS OF HEAVY PANTING AND THEIR SHOES are the only sounds that is heard in the hallways, sirius just far behind from her

SOUNDS OF HEAVY PANTING AND THEIR SHOES are the only sounds that is heard in the hallways, sirius just far behind from her. he must admit, she's one fast runner for a girl like her. that made strong disadvantages that he had off guard just a while ago. he then huffed, clutching his chest from the pressure of running that much-- non-stop. "(𝒚/𝒏)!" he wondered if ever dumbledore would give them detention for this or anything, but it couldn't be because there wasn't a cause corrupted by either him or the hufflepuff.

she kept speed-walking now, determined for him to just disappear and stop trying to go to her. the maurader then almost caught up with her, right behind her heels. he then exhaled, "(𝒚/𝒏)!"

"you don't know the first thing about being someone's friend." she crossed her arms, moving forward hastily. awaiting his presence to leave, she used her energy to just walk away from him until he rests and goes back to his friends, forget about the happenings and her. sirius' voice almost emitted as a whine as he spoke, "i don't wanna just be your friend.." that made her scoff. he promised her that there wouldn't be any likings and feelings, he promised. but i guess promises are meant to be broken nowadays isn't it?

"you don't know what you want." she responded, furrowing her eyebrows. (𝒚/𝒏) just continued pushing away the emotions that built up from a past few days, never really looking at it in a clear vision, nor just admit it at all. whilst she was just puzzled and angered at the same time, he was anxious about this. "well, neither do you, okay? maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually wanna be with you.." he said, a little bit softer than the tone they have thrown to each other.

"and why would that scare me?" she's finally stopped and has turned to face him. it was some sharp glare that made him take a step backwards just incase she'd flung her fist to him for some reason he wouldn't understand. he didn't actually know why she can just accept the fact he somehow.. like? if that was the word.. 'like' her in a way.

"because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind your books or your frickin' telescope or your faith." she wheels around back at facing the front to resume walking. that made a visible frown appear to his face, this was mission impossible right here. and it's crumbling to failed pieces.

"no. no." sirius black then grabs her left arm to spin her back to face his desperate face once again. she noticed that the twinkled glow in his eyes was lessening, as he felt all panicked and rushed by all of this. "y-you know the real reason why you're scared ... is 'cause you wanna be with me, too."

from a few seconds, she now finally gives him a look that suggests he's actually right from his own statement. without answering him with her voice, she turns and heads to the classroom, the bell screaming and ringing, to know it was next class.. and to his disappointment, he's not with her. sirius throws his hands in the air in complete defeat and watches her walk away, dejected.