33 - photograph

Through the drowsiness of her current state, Athena dragged herself to Gryffindor Tower, feeling extremely fatigued despite it only being eight o'clock in the evening.

Once she had entered the common room, her eyes wandered to find any familiar faces of those whose company she could immerse herself in. By the fireplace sat Fred, George and Ginny though Harry, Ron and Hermione were not accompanying them.

When thinking of taking herself up to her dormitory, she viewed it with bother and the thought made her feel a draining tiredness. The empty space next to Ginny on the couch looked much more appealing so she joined the small group of redheaded siblings.

She collapsed onto the sofa a bit too exhaustedly letting out a great huff. The Weasley's all looked at her with suspecting grins spreading across their lips. She stared at them questioningly before stating "what?" and Ginny released a light chuckle.

"Had fun tonight?" Ginny asked with hidden meaning behind her question. Athena shifted in her seat so that she was perched up straighter. She didn't make any reply, waiting for someone to elaborate.

"You reek of that muggle stuff," George laughed.

"Oh yeah you would know," Ginny rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Yeah we would," Fred replied. "But how would you little sister? That's the real question."

"Wait...you lot have tried weed?" Athena interjected.

"Yeah," George replied in a way that it was obvious. "Freddie and I used to smuggle some off of old Mundungus last year."

Both Ginny and Athena raised their eyebrows.

"You better hope Mum doesn't find out about that," Ginny teased. "Oh but she so easily could."

"Well you're surely not gonna tell her, are you Gin?" Fred grinned. "After all, she'd be way more disappointed if she found out her precious angel has been getting sloshed. Would probably have a stroke."

Ginny's cheeks glowed red at her brother's threat but she acted indifferently, attempting to show him that he couldn't get to her.

"Who'd you get it off of anyway?" Athena asked Ginny.

"Dean had a short supply of it that he used to buy off of one of his Muggle mates," she explained. "But he doesn't get it anymore...I don't think anyway."

Her voice wavered at the last part of her sentence. Ginny and Dean were no longer together. They ended things around a month ago and Ginny had been quite distraught at first, but managed to get over it quite quickly. No one had been quite as happy over the breakup than Ron. Well maybe except Harry.

Athena and Hermione had caught onto Harry's crush on Ginny. It hadn't particularly surprised Athena. Ginny was stunning and there had seemed to always have been some form of admiration between the two. Though nothing had quite happened yet, most likely due to Ron.

"So who were you getting high with 'Thena?" Fred grinned.

"Just some friends," she replied impassively. "And I only had one hit. I'm not high just bloody exhausted."

They all chuckled in reply to her defensiveness obviously thinking she was concealing the truth from them. They then digressed in some conversation about all of the times they had gotten high, elaborating on the dramatic details of where they had ended up the next day, the twins' stories being of the more exaggerated.

Athena listened without inputting any of her own comments and eventually let her eyes flutter to a close, still able to hear the murmurs and laughs of the Weasley's, until eventually everything went mute.