21 - unexpected

^ hawt as f*ck.
-

Along with the following Monday, the Christmas month had arrived bringing about an abundance of festive decorum around Hogwarts.

The Great Hall always looked so magnificent during December with its many frosty Christmas trees, the streamers of holly and mistletoe which cascaded the walls and the enchanted ceiling which small specks of snow fluttered from.

The most luxurious Athena had ever seen it was two years ago, in her fourth year at the Yule Ball. It had been absolutely breathtaking, as was the night itself.

Athena's focal memory of the night was seeing Cedric and how stunning he looked. Though this pleasure had been clouded with a raging envy for Cho who had clung by his side the entire night.

Athena had attended with Dean, though they were not dating at the time but simply friends. The Yule Ball was where their relationship had initiated, eventually to end up together halfway through their fifth year.

Oh how things had changed since then. Indeed for the better.

Athena, Hermione, Harry and Ron took their seats for breakfast next to Fred, George and Ginny, who were already halfway through.

"Nearly your birthday then, Athena?"George smiled as he tucked in for a sausage. "Finally going to come of age."

"And you can drink the old firewhiskey legally,"Fred smirked. "Not that it stopped you before."

He eyed her a look of hidden meaning, which made her cheeks burn up.

"What do you mean?"she croaked, attempting to be indifferent, desperately hoping Fred would keep his mouth shut about the previous Christmas when she had tried firewhiskey for the first time. And not forgetting the events which had followed shortly after that.

"Oh nothing. I've just heard that you like a bit of underage drinking,"he chuckled knowingly.

She pierced her eyes into his, shooting him a look of daggers.

"Oh yeah especially after last Christmas," George chimed.

Athena had assumed that George knew of her and Fred's exchange that night, as evidently him and Fred seemed to share everything with each other.

Ron looked up from his plate with his mouth half crammed of toast.

"Wha' ah yu 'alking abou'?"Ron asked through the food in his mouth, looking puzzled.

Athena had never wanted to sink into the floor more than now.

"What? Oh nothing, nothing,"George smirked, eyeing Athena.

Ron looked sceptically at his brothers and Athena, as did Harry and Hermione who had no idea what was happening. Fortunately, he shrugged and tucked back into his food.

After their breakfast, Harry, Ron and Athena had a free period while Hermione went off for Arithmancy. They reached the Gryffindor common room, collapsing onto the seats near the fireplace.

The room was surprisingly empty except for the three of them. Harry and Ron were playing a game of Wizards Chess while Athena read a book that Madam Pomfrey had given her on pregnancy. She had disguised the front cover so it looked like a book on Astronomy instead.

"Guys there's something that I need to tell you,"Athena spoke, deciding this would be the perfect time to share her news.

They both looked up from their game, abundantly concerned.

"A few weeks ago, I found out some news. Well the thing is—I'm pregnant,"she said, immediately feeling cringe as the words escaped her mouth.