19 - necessity

The following morning, fluttering snow appeared to powder over the grounds of Hogwarts, thin layers of white blanketing the mountains and moors. The bitter month of November was soon to come to an end, welcoming the arrival of the month of festivities. More specifically, when Athena would turn seventeen.

Hermione and Athena were on their way to their first lesson of the day, being Potions and Harry and Ron stumbled tiresomely behind them. The girls hadn't talked much about the pregnancy throughout the morning, only making light conversation when necessary.

"Are you planning to tell the others?"Hermione whispered, turning her head to Athena and looking behind with a side eye to make sure the boys were far enough to not overhear.

"Eventually, yes," she replied. "Though I don't want too many people to know. Only those who are necessary."

"Ofcourse,"Hermione smiled, returning to look ahead.

Although it would be slightly awkward, she knew she had to tell Harry and Ron eventually. It goes without saying that soon everyone in Hogwarts would find out due to her stomach which had not yet grown in size.

But apart from those two, Cedric and perhaps her mother, there were not too many people who needed to know prior to when that would happen.

From the far end of the corridor, Cedric had just turned the corner, pacing towards the four friends. His features glowed a little more brightly when he saw Athena. Her heart warmed at the sight of his presence.

She stopped walking, telling the others she'd catch up, when Cedric approached her.

He caught her off guard by grabbing her by the waist and swiftly pulling her against the wall of a side corridor that was less busy than the one they had been in. He placed one hand on the wall above the left side of her head, and with the other, his fingers laced through hers.

She gazed up at him dreamily, pleasantly surprised by his abrupt nature this morning. His flawless dark hair fell perfectly dishevelled over his head, contrasting the light blue of his swooping eyes. His lips parted enticingly as he began to speak.

"Hi," he uttered seductively.

She had never wanted to wrap her legs around somebody more.

Athena let out a small giggle at her giddiness, when he leaned forward and kissed her with a great degree of passion. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies at the soft caress of his lips.

"I miss you," he purred, placing a warm hand under her jaw while his thumb stroked her skin.

"I'm right here," she smirked, snaking her arm around his neck and nestling her hand through his hair.

"You know what I mean," his voice low and alluring, as his eyes mentally undressed her.

She threw herself forwards, moulding her lips into his, sensuously.

"Come to the Three Broomsticks tonight," he whispered, whilst his fingers fumbled playfully with hers.

"I'll be there."

He placed his hand on her jaw again, giving her another ravishing kiss. She swiped her tongue over his rousingly as she felt reluctant to detach from him. When he leaned upwards, she followed him, her back rising off of the wall and her feet lifting onto the tippy toes.

"I'll meet you after your lesson," he said whilst strolling off down the corridor.

She watched him walk away, her head in the clouds, thinking ever so desirously about him.