34 - pensieve

NEW CAST

ORLANDO BLOOM as ATTICUS RIVIÈRE GREENE

-

Athena sat back in her chair with an immense intrigue, paying extra careful attention to what the Headmaster was going to say. She was not the only one who accentuated her focus. Nearly every single portrait of the old Headmasters were looking towards the exchange.

"I should probably start by simply informing that no, your father was not a Muggle and indeed, shortly I will explain everything to you. I will explain everything that probably should have been explained to you years prior to this conversation but with several reasons considering, it was not," he spoke. "I only request that any questions you have, if you would save them for later on when I shall willingly answer them."

She nodded in response, not wanting to utter a single word that could distract from the conversation.

"Most of what I will speak about will shock you extensively especially considering the amount of information that you are oblivious to and have never known," he said. "I will inform you on everything that I have to my knowledge but I advise that shortly after this discussion, you write to your mother. She will acquire more specific details than I can provide."

The mention of her mother set off sirens in her mind. She gulped back her nervousness, before letting her thoughts jump to conclusions without hearing the whole story.

"Atticus Greene, as you have known him, was the son of Tobias and Dorothea Rivière, your Grandparents. You may have heard of the Rivières, considering one of your peers is apart of their lineage. But alas, I will explain. The Rivières are a well known Pureblood line of Wizarding folks, specifically among the French. Their ancestry stretches back quite a few hundred generations and your father was indeed one of them. Thus, making you a Rivière but trust that I will expand on that eventually."

He paused for a breath before continuing.

"In the year of 1965, Atticus attended Hogwarts at the age of eleven, no differently than you and your fellow students. Unlike you however, he was sorted into the house of Slytherin. The Rivières are commonly known to be a family of Slytherin legacies. I believe you were the first in their history to be sorted into a different house, that evidently being Gryffindor."

She listened intently, trying to push aside the question which was stubbornly cropping up in her mind. Though she remembered what he said about asking questions and saved it for later.

"Your father was a very talented Wizard, always polite and extremely ambitious. He certainly knew how to make other's happy and personally I admired him with great vigour. He happened to befriend a fellow Slytherin known as Lucius Malfoy and the two were inseparable throughout their seven years at Hogwarts."

Dumbledore's entire demeanour changed. He drew in a deep breath and a flicker of hesitation crossed his explanation.

"However, the friends shared an interest for the Dark Arts which can be comprehended for they certainly are rather intriguing. But occasionally, such admirations can quickly become obsessions," he paused again and evaluated Athena's expression. She remained impartial, only wanting him to continue despite already having an idea of what he was going to say and dreading it.