003

It was the next day

It was the next day. Remus had been discharged from the Hospital Wing right after lunch the day before. He was still nervous about Anastasia Black. His worst nightmare would come true if she decided to tell people what she saw- he would be expelled from Hogwarts and spend the rest of his life looking for meager work in a factory or something like that.

Ana was in Potions, one of the few classes that she could stand other than Herbology or Care of Magical Creatures. Potion-making was rather simple if you boiled it down enough. All you had to do was follow the instructions. The part that tripped her up was the wand motions. They were different for every potion, and it was hard for her to keep up with what motion went with each potion. That kind of logical memorization was more suited for Regulus.

Slughorn strolled around the room, peering into cauldrons and checking ingredients. He reached Anastasia and the Ravenclaw boy she was paired with.

The boy, whose name was Jackson Clarke, was pretty mediocre at potions as well, so he and Ana got decent grades together. But some of their potions would turn out so botched that Slughorn would give them the option to make it again for 75% credit.

"Very good. However, the color is a bit off and the smell is a little too pungent. Try cutting the moonstones a little smaller next time." Slughorn moved on to the next group but tutted and waddled back as if he had forgotten something.

"Miss Black, Madam Pomfrey would like to see you in her office. Oh, I'm sure it's nothing bad," he added when he saw Anastasia's confused expression.

She slowly picked up her bag from the floor and packed the few quills and textbooks she had out. Regulus, who had heard Slughorn from a few tables down, sent her a look of questioning. Nosy ass. Ana shrugged and left the room with a bad feeling in her stomach.

She was nervous. Ana had only been in the Hospital Winng a few times where she hadn't been delivering ingredients. These visits were just mild illnesses, nothing to worry about. She always felt better with a Pepperup. But why would Madam Pomfrey call her out of class, especially as important of a class as Potions? Ana would be perfectly fine if she took her out of  Divination.

She let herself in. In the back of her mind, she was nervous about seeing the Lupin boy again. Yes, he was attractive, but all those scars were covering up a dark secret. Maybe he was in a secret fight ring, or he just liked to mess around (with who Ana could not theorize). He was also a Gryffindor and a half-blood, so she wouldn't be able to associate with him without scolding from her parents and cousins anyway.

But a bit of eye candy couldn't hurt, right?

Anastasia let out a quiet sigh of relief when she saw Lupin's bed empty. The bed sheets were made perfectly, like the sheets in a full-sized hospital, but there was a lone chocolate frog wrapper crumbled up on the covers.