023

Mother was surprisingly quiet as the trio apparated into the parlor

Mother was surprisingly quiet as the trio apparated into the parlor. She hadn't even sent a letter in months. Was she guilty that Sirius ran away, finally realizing how bad of a mother she was? Or was she planing something else?

She silently sent kreacher to bring the twin's trunks to their rooms, then beckoned them to the dining room.

Even though it was early summer, the house was bone-chillingly cold. Anastasia shivered through her sweater and robes.

"You two will be busy this summer," she said, her voice monotone and cold. Her hair, neatly pulled into a bun at the nape of her neck, was so tight that it pulled on the skin of her face.

"How so?" Regulus asked.

"Both of you need to find suitors. It's imperative. Anastasia, I need you married as soon as you're out of Hogwarts, or you'll look like a spinster. Regulus can wait a few years, until he's made more of a name for himself, as custom."

Walburga set out several pieces of parchment as well as quills and ink. "Since you are so adamant on choosing your own husband, you may write the letters to any potential suitors. I'll be reviewing them after, of course. Write at least three," she said, directed at her daughter.

"You're lucky I'm kind to you. If I had the same adamance at your age, I would've been sent to a convent."

"Regulus, you may do the same if you wish." The woman then turned and walked up the stairs with feet as light as feathers.

Ana stared at the many pieces of parchment with a sigh. She sat down and primed her quill.

"If you're not gonna write, you may as well help me," She said to her brother. He quietly sat down on her right.

"Who's a decent boy you know that Mother will approve of?"

Regulus let out a dry laugh. "I'm sure there's very few."

"Ok, I'll set a bar then. Who won't act like Goyle?"

"That's a really low bar."

She sent him a pleading look.

"Umm.. Zavala is pretty funny. I haven't really spoken to him too much, though. He sits behind me in charms."

Ana jotted the name Isaac Zavala on one parchment. "Anyone else?"

"Barty maybe, but he's a year below and she wants you wed right away. What about yaxley?"