006

Anastasia tied the white apron to her waist

Anastasia tied the white apron to her waist. It was fairly simple, with two pockets on the front and a slight pleated pattern. She had protested wearing it, but Pomfrey had insisted, saying something like, 'It helps you get in the zone, that's what you kids are saying nowadays, right?'

Madam Pomfrey passed her a pot of dittany. It was much smaller than the dittany plants in the greenhouses, but it would do.

A Gryffindor student had gotten a concussion during her quidditch practice. Ana didn't know her name, but she was the other beater. And of course, Sirius and Potter had to be the ones to bring her to the Hospital Wing.

The dark-haired girl had been helping Madam Pomfrey organize her potions when the trio came storming in. Potter was holding the girl up while Sirius, as per usual, talked nonsense.

"What're you here for, Annie? You don't look very sick." her brother asked. Pomfrey and Potter were helping the girl into a bed. "Nice bib."

"I help Madam Pomfrey sometimes," Ana said simply, ignoring his later comment. She went into the office to retrieve a potion, wanting to avoid a conversation with Sirius as much as she could. She didn't want Potter to hunt her down again if she upset him.

The beater girl drank a sleeping potion and closed her eyes almost instantly. Pomfrey closed the curtains around her bed.

The woman sighed. "Thank you for bringing her, boys. Five points to you both." she walked off into her office.

Anastasia was left with the two of them. Their hair was messy and James was covered in mud.

"You two look a mess."

Sirius scowled. "That's how you can tell that we're working hard." He flicked a piece of mud off of James' shoulder, hitting Ana in the cheek.

She wiped off the mud with her sleeve and glared at her brother. "What was that for?"

"Lighten up a little! It's only a bit of mud."

She scoffed. "You're insufferable!"

Sirius leaned in; enough that Madam Pomfrey wouldn't be able to hear him. "You sound just like Mother," he said with a sarcastic grin.

Even though she was almost positive that he was joking, his words hit Ana hard. One of her worst fears was ending up like her mother, cruel and unloving.

"You don't mean that," she whispered in a cold tone. Despite how much she wanted to frown, she kept up her indifferent demeanor.