026

As July 10 rolled around, Ana dreaded going back to her house

As July 10 rolled around, Ana dreaded going back to her house. At least Eddie's dad and brother knew how to have a bit of fun.

Her days had been filled with the ocean and games and books. She found herself smiling, actually smiling. Now that the most important decision of her life has been made, she found it easier to let go and relax.

It was the day before they would have to leave, and Anastasia was packing her trunk. Eddie's cat, an old tabby named Poppy, was sitting on the end of her bed. She had bonded with the old thing.

The only one who really showed it any love was Eddie, and he was away for most of the year. It was obvious that it was reaching its last few years. Ana had convinced Eddie to sneak it into Hogwarts.

The boys came bouncing into her room, arguing lightly about something that wouldn't matter in twenty minutes.

"Is my dress still hanging in your closet?" she asked her brother.

He made a face. "Way to kill the mood, Walburga."

"Can you get it for me?" He sighed and left the room.

Eddie's smile dropped and he moved closer to her, dropping his voice. "Have you two been eating?"

Ana was taken aback by the question. "Uh- yeah? We literally just had dinner."

"Both of you barely even touched your plates. It's been like that the entire time you've been here. Theo pulled me aside yesterday to ask if you two were fasting or something."

She didn't know what to say. "We're okay, Eddie. I promise."

Regulus came back, with two dresses in his arms. Ana plastered a smile onto her face. The last thing she needed was a confused Regulus.

"The other one was in there too."

She thanked him and carefully folded them into her trunk. She had packed just as much as her trunk held, and it was a game of tetris to get it all to fit. She forced the boys to sit on it to get it to close so she could buckle the straps.

"Do you guys want some hot cocoa?" Eddie asked. All three children smiled and quietly shuffled to the kitchen.

It was early the next morning, and the Notts were saying farewell to the twins. Eddie hugged them both, but barely touched Regulus due to his father and brother standing nearby.

"Thank you for having us, Mr. Nott," Ana said.

"Always a pleasure with you two. Tell your mother I'll be sending her a letter this afternoon." He turned with his elder son and walked down the hallway.