035

Note: This chapter (filler chapter) was added after later chapters were published. I just felt like the time jump was too much and that Ana deserved some happiness :)

 I just felt like the time jump was too much and that Ana deserved some happiness :)

Ana jumped as a gentle shake woke her from her slumber. Above her stood Alberta Yaxley, an excited grin plastering her face. "We're going to Hogsmeade in a half hour."

"We are?" Ana asked, sitting up and peeling back her duvet. "Since when?"

"Since right now. You spend all your time with Regulus and Eddie- I've determined you need a girl's day." Alberta sat in front of one of the three vanities in the room and brushed out her short, dark hair.

Ana giggled, something that even shocked her. "Alright then." She would say her and Alberta were friendly, not exactly friends. But she would be willing to put in the effort to change that.

She pulled an outfit out of her dresser- something warm, as the fresh snow seen from the window told her today would be freezing. It was a set of dark blue winter robes lined with white fur.

Vivian Mace strutted out of the bathroom in just her underwear before throwing herself onto her bed. "Have you guys heard that Potter finally convinced Evans to go to Hogsmeade with him? I thought somebody had Imperio'd her, but Dorcas Meadowes, who's very close with Evans, told me herself that it was true!"

Alberta caught Ana's eye in the mirror and snickered. She played it off with a smile to Vivian. "It only took him six years." She grimaced as she brushed through a particularly tough knot.

Vivian rolled over so that she was on her stomach, playing with a lock of her curly blonde hair. "I know she's a Mudblood and all, but it's a bit cute, isn't it? I could only dream for a boy to like me that much!"

She turned to Anastasia. "What about you, Black? Anyone you got your eye on?"

Ana refrained from rolling her eyes as she pulled on her clothes. "I'm already engaged. It was settled over summer."

"Oh, I'm already aware. Goyle told me- quite angry he was! It's so obvious that he fancies you."

"I would rather shag the giant squid than be within a meter of Goyle." Alberta snorted at Ana's admission. "I think anyone would," she added. Vivian hummed in agreement.

"Don't tell him that, Mace!" Ana said pointedly.

"I would never. No one actually likes being around him. I only do because he can't keep his mouth closed."

Ana excused herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth as Vivian and Alberta continued their conversation.

It was refreshing, she thought, to have the company of girls. Her and her dorm mates had engaged in casual conversation in the mornings and before bed, but today felt better- lighter, almost.

Her and Alberta took a quick trip to the Great Hall for breakfast, as the Three Broomsticks wouldn't be open until eleven. Eddie quirked a brow up at the two girls as the sat down across from him, Regulus, and Barty Crouch.