017

Andromeda Tonks shushed her two year old, trying to get her to fall asleep

Andromeda Tonks shushed her two year old, trying to get her to fall asleep. The child was being fussy, as usual. Nymphadora eventually fell into a light sleep a few minutes later.

Ted was at work. Andromeda couldn't work due to her family and their evil connections, but she didn't mind too much. Her daughter was the light of her life- she didn't care if she had to spend more time with her.

The sharp tapping of owl talons against the window made her jump. She cursed the damn thing under her breath, seeing Dora shift in her sleep out of the corner of her eye.

She froze when she got close enough to recognize the owl. Had they found her?

She was tentative to let the owl in. It could be a trap, or some sort of ply to bring her out of hiding. She could vaguely see the handwriting on the paper, and let out a sigh of relief. It was Regulus' handwriting.

He had written her many letters over the few years she had been gone. Most were just little updates- how he was doing in school, what crazy new thing her mother was doing, the usual.

But this one was different. There was no small talk in the beginning, or half-hearted attempts at a joke. It started off blunt:

I think something's wrong with me.

Andromeda quickly read the rest. Her brows furrowed in concentration and confusion.

I kissed my best mate. Or he kissed me, rather. And I liked it.

It was Eddie Nott- I think you met him a few times when we were younger. He's the one person i can tell everything to. Ana gets worried, and it's not like I can confide in Sirius anymore, even if I wanted to.

He's nice, and funny, and every other good thing. I guess I just hadn't realized that I thought of him that way.

Mother always told me that it was wrong, and that the people who were like that were blood traitors and muggle-worshipers. But it didn't feel wrong. It was actually the first time in a while that I felt truly happy.

I'm only writing you this because I needed to get it off my chest, and it's not like you have anyone to tell. Sorry if that last bit sounded a bit harsh. Also, before I forget, send photos of Dora. Annie will get mad if I forget to ask again.