see you later, banks⁶

OR, after years, you finally owed someone for a change

"That's her!"

-and then you're sent face-first into the dirt by multiple arms encircling your waist.

Spitting out the dirt you almost swallowed, you look over your shoulder to be met by several snotty faces of teary-eyed children, all sobbing and clenching your clothes like it was their lifeline.

Past them were the villagers from the town, mothers and fathers running up the path that leads to the burning Marine Base. They're all yelling and sobbing and blubbering all over each other but it all molds into two words.

"Thank you!"

And your smile is soft and the laughter that bubbles up your throat only makes them sob even more.

"Don't mention it!"

The grey man seems to stare a little too long at the pile the children have made on you, but you don't notice when little hands pulled you up to take you closer to the parents, all stumbling over themselves in haste.

Normally you would've already left around this time, but it's different now.

You assured them you're not going anywhere.

It's a good kind of different.

- ❐ -

The Den Den Mushi with red markings on the back of its shell sits alone on the wooden table, the cabled microphone in your hand as your eyes lazily drift around the room.

purupurupuru...purupurupuru...

The makeshift tent was courtesy of the townsmen, set up at the middle of the town where vendors had pushed their stalls against the walls of their houses to provide the needed space.

purupurupuru...purupurupuru...

Outside, gleeful shouts and merry yells were heard from each townsman, celebrating the return of their children. A bonfire was in the very middle as the food was provided by the people Monster was with.

You tear your eyes away from the outside world and settled on the Den Den Mushi instead. The merry-makings will have to wait.

gacha

"East Flowery Service." You say, smiling, "do you have any pre-orders?"

The snail doesn't shift its features as a gruff voice answers back. "Strelitzia."

You gleamed and leaned back as you prop your feet on the table, eyes crinkling in delight. "Heya!"

A brief chuckle went through, the snail's eyes down turning and mouth stretching into a wide grin. The sight strangely reminding you of Luffy.