throwing mikans and eating rocks-wait, is that how it goes?¹²

OR, the smell of citrus and stolen money

"Arlong Park..."

.

.

.

"...has fallen!"

Everyone cheered with their heads held high, shouting to the skies with smiles and laughter.

You turn away from the celebrating villagers to put up a fist towards Luffy, "good job, Cap."

"Yeah," He grins and bumps your fist, "you too!"

Before he could say anything else of the sort, you watch him be taken by the villagers to throw in the air repeatedly, being surrounded by others. You snorted, the scene reminding you of a cult ritual.

Sliding down the rest of the way, avoiding the large chunks of rubble that could definitely impale you to death, you stopped by the edge of the crowd.

"Way to go, Luffy! You get my praise too!" Sniper cheers on the other side, jumping up and down. "Though I'd be praising you more if you would've been the star performer instead of me!"

Sanji appears beside you, dripping wet. "Man, talk about being on pins and needles." He grins around his unlit cigarette, gazing at Luffy who's being tossed relentlessly into the air. "Take care of things quicker from now on, you damn jerk!"

"Did it worry you?" You bump his shoulder, eyeing him from the side with a grin.

"Of course not. Like I would ever worry about an idiot like him." He scoffs good-naturedly but turned 180 when he spun around you. "But, dear (Y/n)-chwama, I can't help but worry for your well-being all the time! Come, into my arms and I shall save you-"

You dodge his arms when he went to hug you, but brought him along by the collar of his shirt to stand next to Sniper. Sniper grins and waves to both of you.

The villagers missed catching Luffy, making him fall to the ground face-first. You cringe.

"This is awesome!" He laughs it off as he stood back up, the fall not hurting him. His head pushed forward when a straw hat was placed on him.

Lomi stood behind him, with a crumpled copy of a smile but her eyes are lighter as she offers a high-five. Luffy grins and slaps his hand against hers.

You laugh, something soft and melodic just like the rest of the crew's.

It was a nice moment after a big fight, even though you didn't participate just as much until the very end, but it was a fight Luffy and the rest didn't need help with.

It would've been nicer if you got to beat up a few faces here and there, but what can you do.

It also would've been nicer if the moment wasn't cut short.