nami, the navigator¹¹

OR, welcome home, Nami

After being formally introduced to Sanji and Yakusabi, you all fixed the ship's course to Arlong's Island.

By Arlong, you mean you just assumed it was his because his name keeps popping up when reading the papers you dubbed as 'in all levels except physical, they are shit', classified under East Blue.

And by you all, I meant that since both you and Luffy have the navigational skills of a baby elephant, Yakusabi had been one to do all the work in that area.

A fair deal, really.

"Is the Grand Line far, far away that way?!"

With your eyes drawn to a close and your back leaning against the ship with crossed arms, salty air fills your lungs as you take a breath.

"Or is it maybe this way?!"

The faint bustling of the kitchen in the cabin, pots and pans clanking against each other, accompanying the sound of the seagulls flying overhead.

"That way? This way? That way?! This way?! This is so exciting!"

The boat slightly tilts on one side when Luffy ran in that direction. Your lips pull up to a grin, feeling the breeze against your eyelids.

"You might fall."

SPLASH

"Oh, for Davy Jones' sake, Luffy-"

- ❐ -

"Are Fishmen..." Luffy pulls out a sketchpad from your bag with your permission, and with hair still dripping wet, he sribbles on the paper. "...like this?"

It's a normal fish with four legs.

"Definitely not." You sweatdrop as Sanji laughs at the crude drawing. You take the pen from Luffy to draw your own understanding of Fishmen.

After a few glorified shots of you gliding the ballpoint across the paper, you triumphantly showed them the finished product.

"Ah..." Everyone except Yakusabi collectively nods in understanding. You puff your chest in pride.

"So they're like Sea Urchins."

"Looks more like a tumbleweed to me..."

"Idiots! Don't you see those are their arms?!" You bark, pointing at a spot on your...drawing.

"Which line are you referring to, (Y/n)-chwama?" Sanji peers closer as if it will help him understand your creation of a bundle of lines and squiggles.

Luffy sticks a finger up his nose, "that's a terrible drawing."

"It's not, you're all just bad at seeing!"

"But...!" Sanji shakes his head and takes the sketchpad to hold it up in the air. "Even if it's just a drop of ink, or a rendition of Jan Go's Heavenly Skies, it was made by (Y/n)-chwama's hands, so it's automatically a masterpiece!"