cool fight scene and all, but food is more important¹⁰

OR, your tuna dies and goes to heaven

"Mihawk..." You grumble. Luffy putting you back on your own two feet before grabbing his hat from you. "He owes me ten boxes of takoyaki!"

"And meat," Luffy adds, putting his hat on.

"And meat!" You confirm, fixing the string of his hat.

He blinks, offering you a wide grin, before looking to the side once your gloved hands left his hat alone. "All right! They want to fight too! I'm getting fired up!"

Don Something looks about ready to get his ass handed back to him-by your captain of course and nobody else. Your gaze dart towards them, scrutinizing but making no move.

"Pops! You promised, okay?" Luffy bounded up to annoy, in your eyes anyway, the old geezer with a really cool beard. "Once I drive them away, I'll quit doing the chores. Okay?"

How come Yusa Tō couldn't have that cool of a beard? That's so unfair. You swore that old man with his shitty taste in hairstyles would be the death of you someday.

"I couldn't ask for more. If you do chores for a year, this place will get messed up."

"All right!"

You step to the side, pursing your lips together. His beard is so cool. Why is it so cool?

"You said you were going to be the King of the Pirates. Are you serious?"

"Yeah, of course! I'll definitely be the King of the Pirates."

It was as if the camera is panning up to the lower half of the chef's face when he grins ever so mysteriously.

"I've come across tons of roughnecks. But you're the first one in a long time who said that so clearly."

How is his beard so cool-You cleared your throat, and maybe your brain full of that really cool beard, and leaned on the railing to play it cool.

...like the chef's beard.

"I heard that you were an incredibly strong pirate." Luffy beams. "Kinda like (Y/n)'s old man, except he was a merchant."

"Ah..." The chef looks up, squinting at the sky. "So that's why you were so familiar. Yusa Tō, was it?"

"Yu...Yusa-Tooooo-Yeah. That guy." You nod, a rush of forgotten memories running through your mind all at once.

You shake your head once more.

"The Kind Merchant." He finalized with a grin, looking proud of himself for figuring it out. "Just for being in the Grand Line for one year and not even reaching half of it, I heard a lot of stories about you. Brat over there-"

"Mademoiselle!" The blond in a suit circles on over to you, hearts floating around him. "It pains me to not give you attention much more earlier, forgive me of my sins, my dearest-"