set sail, for the sea of freedom and dreams³

OR, a vow in the golden age of pirates, captain and first mate

The seas in all your life had always looked dull.

Dark grey waves lapping against each other with silvery linings, never once glowing under the rays of the sun, or to the glow of the moon.

It had never been kind, but nor had it ever been cruel. It had never given a home, but nor had it ever cast you out from seeking shelter in its waters.

It's a sea of paradoxes and contradictions. Having found both freedom and slavery in its arms, as safety and destruction birthed in its waters.

The seas had given you everything, and had also taken everything away from you.

But today, as you walked along the shoreline of the newly liberated Dusk Island with Luffy running ahead, the seas had never looked so pretty before.

A shade of pinks and oranges, and halfway hidden by the shining horizon, the sun rests above the waves of the seas, casting a faint glow over everything it touches.

Your eyes tear away from the sun over by the horizon, and trail back to Luffy.

He keeps running ahead, leaving a trail of splashes, but never going farther than a couple of meters away from you. His straw hat is askew and his grin rivals everything that is good in the world.

The seas takes, but sometimes, it gives.

"We're setting sail tomorrow!" He yells, loud and clear, for everyone to hear. Your smile is soft and your feet dig into the sand, footsteps disappearing with a wave of the sea.

"Do you have a destination in mind?"

"Shishishi, yep! The One Piece!"

"One piece, huh..." You echo, feet kicking against the sand. "It might take some time before we find it."

"It's more fun that way." He brings his arms up high in the air with a grin, bouncing on his feet as both of you continued walking by the shoreline. "Whether next year or the next ten, it's fine by me!"

He stops momentarily to think, hooking his hands on the back of his neck. He spots something in the sand. "And I finally have my first crew member, so the first island we have to stop at should be full of adventures."

You say your name out of the blue, stilling Luffy from picking up a shiny crab from under the sand.

"What's that?" He turns to you.

"My name." You answer.

"Ah, I see." He nods.

. . .

"Eh?! Your name?!" , flinging his arms above his head. You rose an eyebrow at the crab holding onto his hand for dear life. "I thought your name was Seas!"