16 | the day

Blood rushing, palms sweaty, uneven breathing.

Sihyun stands in front of her apartment, rocking on her feet as she sways back and fourth and her left chest under her damp palm.

It's the day of the date, her date with Jacob, her crush. A crush that somehow started with her lost student card, a crush that she never would have expected to actually work out.

Autumn had just begun. Sihyun's dressed in thick clothing from head to toe—a pretty flowing white dress with a baby blue coat draped over, paired with a light grey thigh high suede boots. Simple and cute. She had asked for Sunwoo's opinion who seemed uninterested when she showed him the fit.

"What do you think? Should I wear a different pair of shoes?" She aims the camera at her shoes as Sunwoo hums, eyes never leaving his workbook even though he wasn't actually writing anything—he was just staring blankly at the book but pencil clenched tightly in his palm as he listens to his best friend talk about looking good for another guy.

Groaning, Sihyun huffs before aiming the camera at the mirror to show her entire outfit, "Sunwoo! I need your help! I don't know what he likes and whatsoever so please? Tell me how I look?"

With a sigh, the latter finally looks up, droopy eyes slowly widening as he takes in Sihyun's dressed up form. He swallows harshly, "Y-You look—" He doesn't know what to say as his now softened gaze, eyes her up and down in admiration.

"Well?" Sihyun pops anticipating.

"Y-You look good, great, awesome." He responds with a flush after, eyes unable to meet hers through the screen as he goes back to his work.

Oblivious to the flustered boy, Sihyun grins happily, "That was very vague but I'll accept it! Thanks! I'll wear this fit then."

Soon, she hears footsteps approaching and immediately snaps her head up. She gulps when she meets eyes with Jacob who looks dashingly handsome with his hair styled up. He's dressed in a black turtleneck with a nice brown coat and plain black jeans, paired with a pair of shiny dress shoes.

He smiles sweetly, "Hey, did you wait long?" He pipes, standing right in front of her so he'd tower over her.

Sihyun's throat goes dry as she shakes her head vigorously, unable to say anything. Jacob laughs lightly, "You okay? Your face is pink." Blushing further, Sihyun looks away and stammers, "Y-Yeah. It's c-cold."

Still smiling, the Canadian digs into his coat pocket and pulls out a pink heat pack. He gently takes the girl's hand, causing her eyes to widen, and pressed the pack into her palm softly before meeting eyes.

"Here. For you." He says charmingly.

Sihyun feels the pounding of her heart. It's beating so fast, she's afraid it might just jump out of her chest. She blinks once, twice, three times before smiling back at him nervously.

"T-T-Thank you." She stutters too much which makes Jacob grin wider as he tries soothing her nervousness, "I'm glad I did that without messing up. I was practically shaking." He pipes cutely, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously.

He's...nervous too? Like me?

It somehow relieves Sihyun a little—knowing that she isn't the only one who was trying to calm herself down.

Smiling shyly, Jacob stretches out his palm and looks away from the girl who blushes champagne pink.

"So, shall we?"

omgdbdjdbkx hi im back after not posting for so long??? this chap was so short but i promise the next wld be longer so i can focus on their date!

hope everyone is doing well and has a great day ahead<33
-bri