15 | a date

"Great job today, everyone! Remember to practice the vocal exercises we tried today."

While a throng of students made their way out of the theatre room in a rush, Sihyun stays behind, taking her time to pack up her bags. Her phone vibrates, and she pulls it out to check it.

the sun that kills:
i went home first
my mom wants me to take care of my niece🥲

sihyun:
omg yoohyun????
i love her🥺

the sun that kills:
she hates u

sihyun:
NO SHE DOESNT
she prefers me over u
if u didnt know

the sun that kills:
yeah right

Grinning, Sihyun slips her phone back into her pocket as she slings her bag over her shoulder and begin walking out the theatre room, only for a voice to stop her.

"Sihyun, hey, wait!"

The lass turns, meeting eyes with Jacob who smiles sweetly, "Hey," He says softly, and the girls swoons mentally. "Hi Jacob, do you need something?" She pipes out nervously, praying that he can't hear her pounding heart that can't seem to calm down every time he is in front or near her.

Jacob gulps, seemingly nervous as well as he rubs the back of his neck, "Actually," He pops nervously, looking anywhere but at her which causes her to hum curiously with wide eyes and raised brows. "I was thinking—wondering, if you were free this weekend? Saturday perhaps?"

At that, Sihyun practically gawks silently, pounding heart just hammering against her chest even harsher as she licks her lips as it had seemed to dried up, "Um...y-yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't have any p-plans." She replies hesitantly with stutter, internally hitting herself at how obvious she was.

"Great!" The Canadian utters happily, tilting his head to the side with a loving grin, "Let's go on a date."

———

"A date?!"

Biting her bottom lip, Sihyun shuts her eyes, nodding vigorously while bouncing up and down in overflowing happiness. She stops, squealing as she nears Eric who still has his eyes wide open in disbelief, "I know right, I couldn't believe it either! I think he thought I was forcing myself because I couldn't reply due to shock."

Eric frowns but she doesn't seem to realise as she rambles on, "What do you think I should wear? It's been pretty warm lately, perhaps a sundress? But the weather forecast said Saturday would drizzle so it would be a little chilly right? I should go plan my outfit now, I need to look presentable! I need to—"

"Sihyun! You're rambling, I can't understand anything." Eric cuts her off, hand in her face as a sign to stop her while she sighs, "Sorry, 'm just really nervous."

"It's a Thursday, you still have time." He assures her with a pat on her shoulder before walking off into the kitchen to get more water, Sihyun tagging along behind him with a elated grin. He turns to her after a moment, gulping down the water harshly before piping softly, "Have you told Sunwoo?"

The girl furrows her brow, pursing her lips, "No, not yet but I'll call him later." She says cutely, oblivious to Eric's slight frowning.

To say he was concerned for Sunwoo would be an understatement. How was the latter going to take it? Even though he was aware of Sihyun's crush on another man, he would still definitely be crushed, no doubt.

"Sunwoo! Guess what?" Sihyun beams, jumping on the couch with her phone to her ear.

"What?"

"You're supposed to guess."

"I don't like guessing—No, hey! Gong Yoohyun! You—Sorry Hyun, I'll call you back later okay? Bye!"

"Hey, wait—"

Sunwoo had hung up.

Smiling lightly, Sihyun puts the phone down with a shake of her head, turning back to Eric who was still leaning over the counter with his elbow resting on it and his chin in his palm, deep in thought.

She approaches him, snickering softly at his seemingly troubled expression, "Eric! What are you thinking about?" She waves her hand in front of him, snapping him out of it.

"Huh?"

She giggles, "What are you thinking about? You and Sunwoo seem to be out of it today. Earlier, when we reached school, he looked troubled too." She tilts her head to the side, "He was pretty strange today too." She turns back to look at the American who smiles sadly and knowingly.

"It's nothing."

↜ ↝

it's happening😳 sihyun's and jacob's first datebdksbsksbsk

have a good day everyone!happy new year and hope you will all stay healthy and happy for 2021<33
—bri