05 | deeper meaning

" ...if we go now. "

↜ ↝

Sihyun does not remember the last time she had seen the rectangular mobile device with a dark blue, plain cover. All she remembers is grabbing it from her kitchen counter and slipping it in her skirt pocket before leaving home,

Fumbling with her bag filled with school-materials, she whines squeakily when her phone was nowhere to be seen. She drops down onto the wooden benched that had a magnificent view of the school's 105 year old tree, some spiky bushes that laid on grasses that were freshly cut and a few students walking around before class started.

Even when she goes to the extend of pulling at her hair in frustration due to the lack of memory, she still can't recall when she had used it and kept it on the way to the bus stop, on the bus and on the way to school. Her eyes shut tightly until a soft voice interrupts.

"Something bothering you?"

Her eyes open up and there stood Jacob who smiles at her. Sihyun jumps on her feet instinctively, "S-Sunbae!" The senior laughs, shaking his head, "Jacob will do. It makes me sound so old." He approaches her as she nods shyly, cheeks burning a bright pink.

The both of them sit on the bench and Sihyun finds herself fiddling with the tip of her fingers and often swallowing nervously. The boy looks over at her, grinning when she seems to avoid all sort of eye-contact with him, "You didn't answer my question. Is something bothering you?" He pipes, tilting his head to the side.

She shakes her head meekly, "Oh, no. I just lost my phone and I don't remember when I misplaced it." The way she scratches her head and giggles like a kid tingles his heart.

"Your bag? Pocket?" He asks while she shakes her head again, "Checked everywhere but," She cuts herself off whilst shrugging. There is a tint of frustration that she's trying to not show. Jacob looks around—at the side of the bench, behind the bench and under the bench and bingo. He reaches underneath, grasping onto the device that laid on the grass.

Teasingly, he pushes her shoulder with his, "Sure you checked everywhere?" When she blankly stares at him, he reveals her phone in his palms, causing her to gasp, "Eh?! Where did you find this?!" The Canadian breathes out a light laugh, "Under the bench you're currently sitting on."

Sihyun flushes, realising how stupid and silly she must've looked—looking everywhere for her phone when it was probably just one grab away from her. She can't help avoiding eye-contact with him, afraid she might embarrass herself more but Jacob found it insanely adorable.

"Cute."

It's just a single word but it carried so much weight, so much...adoration. He says it out loud with no nervousness, no embarrassment. He isn't afraid to show his attraction towards her and she found it charming. It was the blush of roses, the peek of champagne pink that infuses on her cheeks.

"Sihyun," He utters after awhile before snapping his head over his shoulder towards her, "Are you free tomorrow? After school I mean." The lass doesn't know if there's an intention towards the question or was he just genuinely curious. Albeit, she replies bashfully, "Probably."

His lips twitches as he thinks of the both of them hanging out tomorrow after school, perhaps at an arcade? Or cycling at a park? Whatever it was, it didn't matter. "Then do you want to hang—" But the excitement dies down in his tone when a deeper, stricter voice cuts the conversation off.

"Kwon Sihyun."

Sunwoo stands in front of them, facial features glowing under the morning sun that Sihyun can't help smiling at. Though there is a slight tinge of annoyance that carves itself on his expression, she doesn't catch it as she rises from the bench, causing it to creak a little. Jacob watches her bounce in her steps.

"You're late Kim Sunwoo! It's 8:14!" She exclaims, arms crossing over her chest. The latter rolls his eyes, "We're not late for class if we go now." He specifies the last word all whilst eyeing the other boy who still has his bum down on the dark, wooden bench.

Snickering, Sihyun slips on her bag and grabs her phone from the seat. She doesn't forget to smile thankfully at Jacob, "Thank you Jacob. I'll see you soon."

He wasn't sure if she deliberately wanted to ignore his half-asked question or she just completely forgot about it. Nonetheless, he beams back sweetly, "Your welcome." Then she turns away, walking into the second-half of the school building.

He watches the both of them brush arms and laugh, and then Sunwoo turns around daringly as the both boys meet eyes.

Only the said male sends him a glare that hid a deeper meaning that the Canadian could get—watch out.

bdksbsks was this confusing?