07 | first band session

" i'm not gay. "

↜ ↝

The room was quiet, awfully quiet. The only sounds that could actually be heard was the few murmuring and whispers coming from beside her but other than that, silence.

Sihyun had no idea what she had to do. All she knew of was to go to the theatre room and wait. Where were the seniors of the club? She had idea but they were most definitely anywhere but the theatre room.

Newbies were supposed to meet in the theatre room at 12:30 pm sharp but it seemed like the seniors were not really, well, not on time either. Thus now, as she sits on the cushioned seats of the theatre room, she is silent and awkward.

Where are the seniors?!

The four exact words has repeated at least 10 times in her mind. She doesn't know if she should just turn to her sides and try to communicate with the students or if she should just pull out her phone to have Sunwoo entertain her through messages.

Pondering for awhile, she decides that it'd be best to go with the latter, she could just communicate with those students later.

sihyun:
oi
text me back
entertain me
sunwoooooooooooo

the sun that kills:
aren't you at band?

sihyun:
yeah but i'm lonely
i can't socialise:(
save me

the sun that kills:
lmao
not my prob:")

sihyun:
...
tHANKS BEST FRIEND.

the sun that kills:
HAHAHHAHAHAHA
IM KIDDING LUV
WHATSUPPPPPPPPBXJSBSKSBSKSBS

sihyun:
i wonder who the seniors will be
probably good looking right;))))))))))
your gay ass shld be here

the sun that kills:
iM NOT GAY

sihyun:
pFTTTT
i rmb u calling that hyunjae guy in our middle school cute

the sun that kills:
hE WAS OKAY HYUN
but that doesn't mean i'm gay.

sihyun:
whatever you say

the sun that kills:
i fuckin hate u i swear
you make me hate life
oh yeah btw
i think

sihyun:
???

the sun that kills:
the senior you find 'cute'
he's in—

Sihyun stops reading as she hears the tall wooden doors of the theatre room click and open. She slips her phone back into her pocket, internally apologizing to her best friend whom she had to ignore.

Her once slumped posture is now changed into a straight-up position as she tightens her ponytail and fixate her eyes on the seniors that walks in and up onto the stage whilst all whispers and murmurs die down quick.

A light-pink haired senior smiles, cheeks bones showing evidently, "Hello, I'm Chanhee, Choi Chanhee. Welcome to the band club." He says, tone welcoming. The students start applauding, as if this was some sort of presentation for an award. Beside him stood around 5 more seniors whom she assumes are leaders or something—she isn't sure.

"You definitely don't know me but I am the leader of the vocal team and this boy beside me," Chanhee gestures professionally to the boy who stood beside him, holding a big bunny smile on his face, "He's Jungkook, the vice-leader of the vocal team."

Jungkook bows slightly, "Hello!" He says with much enthusiasm which put a smile on most faces at how he seemed to excited to see newbies joining the band club.

"That's Kevin, leader of the piano team and Jae, the vice-leader. And..." Chanhee's eyes wander around for a moment before piping, "Mark Lee, vice-leader of the guitar team. The leader is late so." He rubs the back of his neck shamefully, even though it wasn't his fault. "Anyways, as of today, we will be bonding as the club together, bonding with your individual teams will be held on the next session, everyone cool?"

Simultaneous responds echoed through the room.

Grinning, Chanhee clapped his hand together, "Well, shall we begin?"

The band students start to crowd around the exit of the theatre, trying to get past each other to leave the room. Perhaps it was late afternoon, many probably had plans but Sihyun didn't understand why they were rushing. Or maybe she just found it annoying that it was so crowded.

As she stuffs the book in her bag, her phone vibrates. She fishes it out, the sun that kills contact name large at the top of her screen.

"Yes Kim Sunwoo."

The latter snorts, "I'm at your locker. You're putting your books in right? I'll wait there." He simply says, knowing what she would normally do after school. Her heart clenches—in a good way of course—and warmth spreads throughout her body. Sunwoo is her best friend after all.

Laughing, she replies, "Okay, I'll take my time." She hears him curse at her before she hangs up, smile never leaving her lips as she continues packing.

Suddenly, footsteps echo behind her and she turns back, thinking it was Sunwoo. But the familiar face stares back at her with a sweet beam, "Sihyun?"

"Jacob?"

hdbsksbsk can't believe this book has over three hundred reads. thank you for the tremendous support friends🥺🥺

also, idk where this book is even going anymor ekxbsksbso