17 | a succeeding love life

"So, what do you have in plan for today?"

Jacob looks over at the beautiful girl whose eyes gleam up at him and his heart pounds. He swallows, looking away immediately as he stutters out, "W-Well, since the weather's pretty cool, I thought we could go for a cycle at the park and then visit this dessert café that just opened down the street. Unless...you want to do something else?" He hesitates.

Beaming shyly, Sihyun looks down at the ground and shakes her head, "Not at all. Lead the way." She says simply and Jacob nods with a chuckle at her cuteness.

By the time both of them reached the park, the cold had lessened and the bright sun had rose up even higher than before.

"Okay, so I searched up on the internet, and we can rent a bike from that shop," Jacob points at a shop in the corner with a large baby blue signboard, "Its' ratings were pretty good." Sihyun nods, "Okay."

Awhile later, the pair managed to rent a pretty pastel pink bike with two seats and they proceed to cycle down the pathway beside the river 15 minutes later after having Sihyun struggle to balance herself on the back seat. It made Jacob laugh at how adorable her flustered face was, resulting in the girl getting embarrassed.

"Don't laugh at me!" She popped, clearly flustered as her cheeks flushed pink. The Canadian grinned, "You're cute." He complimented her straight up with no filter and it made the girl blush further.

The two starts cycling. Jacob grips onto the handles, turning to look at her over his shoulder as he sends her smile, "Hold tight." He says, and she nods, holding onto the back of his coat.

He laughs, not speaking further as he shakes his head before grabbing onto his hands and wrapping it around his waist. He then looks back up at the beet-red girl, "That's better, isn't it?" He teases and she merely responds.

"Well, here we go."

———

"Is this why you wanted to cycle?" Sihyun gapes at the view. She gets off the bike, eyes wide with a glimmering rose-gold shine.

Jacob hums, staring at her as she admired the view. "Yeah. I knew we were dressed too fancily, but with this view and that outdoor restaurant, I would say it's a perfect fit for the occasion."

Sihyun turns to him with a wide grin to which he returned with a sweet one, "Thank you." She says softly. He blushes at how gentle she was, "N-No problem. But we haven't even eaten yet. Care for some outdoor dining?" He nods his head to the left, signaling for her to look.

She does then turns to him and nods vigorously, "I would love to."

Upon arriving and settling themselves at the restaurant, Sihyun never once looked away from the aesthetic and detailed set-up in the restaurant. The way lines of the LED lights were dimmed slightly and how this place was set up in a park made the atmosphere calm, soft, romantic.

She couldn't help the soft flutters in her heart when thinking of how much time and effort it had taken Jacob to prepare this date. It was only the first date and yet he seemed like he put in blood and sweat to take her out.

"So, how do you like it so far?" His gentle voice snaps her out of it.

Sihyun smiles thankfully, "I love it. I'm surprised you did so much for a first date." She comments, resting her chin on her palm as she looks over at the sunset. The orange gold stretched far and wide, like an artist's canvas painting. The sun bathed in the beautiful orange sky decorated with clouds, slowly sinking down.

She loved it.

It reminded her of when she, Sunwoo and Eric went on a camping trip and the three of them sat on camping chairs, watching the exact, same scenery. She remembers what Sunwoo had said back then.

"I've always, wanted to witness something like that, considering the fact that where I live is blocked by apartment buildings and shopping malls."

She wonders if he was seeing this now. This view that he would probably love to see.

"Sihyun?"

The lass turns to Jacob, "Right, sorry, you were saying?" She flushes at the fact that she had just zoned out in front of the Canadian, her date. He doesn't seem to mind however as he smiles reassuringly, "No worries. I was just asking what you do during your free time?"

"Oh," She replies, "Nothing much, if I'm honest. I mostly spend my time with Sunwoo." A sheepish grin creeps up her lips as she laughs lightly. Jacob grins at that.

"What about you? What do you like to do?" She pops the question back.

He ponders for a moment, lips pursed before he shrugs, "Play the guitar? I think that's all my life revolves around." He jokes. Sihyun snorts, "You must really like music then." He nods, "I actually do. Well, it wouldn't make sense if I didn't right? I'm in the music club after all."

When the waiter arrives with their food, the girl can't help but gasp at the sight. She thought she was drooling but upon remembering that her date was right in front of her, she snapped out of it and kindly thanked the waiter.

"Truffle pasta, huh? Didn't peg you as a truffle kind of girl." He pipes, watching her twirl the noodles onto her spoon. Sihyun beams, "I think I was born for it. You know, for truffle. I mean who doesn't like truffle?" She says as a matter of fact. Jacob scrunches his nose, "Quite a number of people actually. Or from what I know, that it."

Exaggerating a gasp, she swallows as quick as she can and argues, "How is that even possible?" With a shrug, the Canadian slices his steak and replies with a, "I don't know. Some people are just, like that."

The dinner goes on with many different topics included in the conversation and Sihyun thinks she's never been this happy with her love life.

———

The ride home is more silent than at dinner. Perhaps food coma had hit both of them so there was not much exchanging of words other than the few occasions of talking about the night view.

Jacob stops the car right outside Sihyun's apartment and insists on sending her off at her doorstep. Unable to convince him that there was no need to, she lets him.

"Thank you for tonight, Jacob. I had a lot of fun." She pipes sweetly. The latter sends her a saccharine grin, "I'm glad. I was worried you'd find it boring." He says, sighing in relief when she laughs, "No, it was beautiful."

"Okay, then. I guess that's it." Jacob scratches the back of his head awkwardly, unsure of how to end the night. Sihyun — thankfully — catches on and nods, "Yeah. Good night, Jacob." She hesitates to leave him a peck on the cheek or even just a hug, but with the way he seemed to already be flushing, she backed out.

"Good night, Sihyun."

ok this took me a year or less to finish LMAOSJSOSJ kidding, it didnt. i just completely forgot about this fic and also cause i had a crazy 2021 uk with all my nationals and stuff soooo

but yeah here's an update:D crazy how much this fic has grown like??? 11k reads?? what??? i was gone for so long and just,, what???

anyways happy new year, loves! i hope you guys will have a blast this year<3
-bri

less than lovers | kswOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara