11 | stay the hell away

"so, your crush on jacob..." sunwoo begins softly, glancing at the girl beside him.

humming, sihyun shrugs, "i honestly don't know. i mean i doubt he likes me back so there isn't anything i can do right?" she says, tone gentle.

the thought of her getting rejected by jacob pained the both of them. but somehow, in the eyes of sunwoo, it seems like she isn't going to get rejected even if she confesses.

"shouldn't you have some confidence?" sunwoo frowns, nudging her as she grins, "in what? myself? nah." she speaks so cheekily but her words makes him frown further.

"sihyun." he deadpans, eyes glaring slightly causing the girl to look at him with a smile. he can't help but let his eyes soften at her still smiling so positively.

sighung, sihyun's smile drops as she looks far, "it's not that i don't have confidence in myself. i do, but i just don't want to give myself hopes y'know?" she pipes simply.

sunwoo looks down at the ground, processing his best friend's words.

"okay, i won't force you whatsoever. but you know, if you ever need anything or anyone, you can count on me." he grins comfortingly and sihyun laughs with a nod.

"i will."

———

"today, we begin our first proper band session. i hope you are all well and healthy because we will be starting with vocal exercises." chanhee lifts a box up, "grab a bottle of water first and we'll begin soon."

as sihyun moves forward to grab a bottle, she feels nothing but air inside. she frowns, "uhm, chanhee-ssi, there isn't anymore water..." the latter peeks into the box then proceeds to think for awhile.

"ah, go find the guitar or piano team, they might have a few extras."

"okay." she nods, following as instructed.

when she stops in front of the guitar room, she sucks in a breath. she isn't sure why she's so nervous but she just cannot help it.

jacob.

the small voice whispers to her from the back of her head but she refuses to think of him because she is not here for him—though she agrees that she's pretty lucky to be able to see her crush because of a damn water bottle.

clearing her throat, sihyun then knocks on the door softly and it opens quicker than she expects it to.

"oh, sihyun?" jacob stands there with a sweet smile and she thinks she peed her pants. "what do you need?"

"i-i was just checking if y'all had any extra water bottles? The vocal team is missing one." she scratches the back of her neck shyly, eyes often wandering from the surroundings to the senior then back to her surroundings.

chuckling, the canadian shakes his head, "sorry, we don't have an extra bottle but i'll help you check with the piano team." before the girl can refuse, he is walking off to the room opposite them.

sihyun stands outside the room awkwardly, waiting for the senior to come back.

"you seem pretty comfortable with jacob." a feminine voice pops up beside her ear and she jumps slightly, "h-huh?"

she turns and god, she swears she has never seen such beauty before because this lady in front of her has shining wide eyes with naturally curled up lashes, a small yet sharp nose, defined cheekbones, a v-shaped jaw and pretty plump lips that is tinted rose pink. her hair is dyed a pretty dark blonde that curls loosely just slightly above her chest.

she is literally epitome of a goddess.

the pretty lady grins elegantly, tucking her hair back behind her ear, "what's your name?"

sihyun's mouth gapes open as she stammers out, "w-what?"

"your name. i'm joo hana, same year as jacob." she purrs confidently and sihyun wishes that she could be just like that.

"i-i'm sihyun, kwon sihyun in third year." the lass smiles shyly, feeling small beside the senior.

hana giggles cutely, "i see. you're close with jacob?" she pops out, arms crossing over her chest. sihyun feels her heart skip a beat at the name.

is she close with him? is it a friendship? or a just senior-junior kind of thing?

"n-no." she responds reluctantly, eyes looking down at the ground. "oh, as i thought, jacob never dates juniors." hana emphasises so arrogantly but the younger girl doesn't seem to realise it as she frowns discreetly.

"oh." is all she says.

grinning smugly, hana pats her head, "but don't worry sweetie. he'll still talk to you. you are just friends right?" she pops out and sihyun nods meekly.

"may—"

"here, an extra box of bottles." jacob comes out before hana can continue and his eyes immediately wander off to hers. sihyun isn't sure if she saw it correctly, but she's certain she saw his eyes narrow in slight suspicion and annoyance.

"why are you here hana?" he utters irritatedly and the lass chuckles, "i'm just bonding with my junior. why are you so worked up?" she says.

feeling uncomfortable, sihyun quietly grabs the box from jacob's hands and bows silently, "i'll get going first. thank you." then she walks away, the tension between the two seniors arising.

the moment she's gone, jacob nears hana threateningly.

"stay the hell away."

wrote this on my laptop so using caps was troublesome:/

sorry, hope you all dm.

how has everyone been doing btw? i havent updated in so long but exams are over so i'll probably be more free<3