01 | easy words

" there was no denying. "

↜ ↝

Sunwoo did not need to look twice to see if his best friend was in class. He could tell straight away from the slumped back on the dusty desk from school and the bag propped on it with a head lying comfortably on it. There was no doubt that that was his one and only best friend.

With a snort, he approaches her quietly, knowing well enough that she was in a deep slumber and even if he had slapped her on the back or even so banged the table loudly with his fist, she would not wake up. It was as if she was dead and was not going to wake up ever,

He very slowly, and silently plops himself down on the seat beside her with the thought that she was basically dead but then in a matter of seconds, Sihyun jumps up, shrieking loudly at the red-haired.

"Sunwoo!"

And of course, with a low percentage of wits, the latter flinches heavily, yelling in surprise and fear. He thinks that he could have peed a little in his school pants. Muttering curses under his breath, Sunwoo sends a pretty much frightening glare towards his best friend who was basically rolling in her seat out of laughter—if that was possible.

"What the fuck?! I told you not to do that!" He barks in anger that Sihyun knew wouldn't last long as she lets herself tease him further, "You're forever a scaredy-cat aren't you?" It definitely hurt his pride to agree but no one can ever stay away from the sad truth.

"You're lame y'know Hyun?" Sunwoo states and the girl knows he wasn't bothered anymore since he used the nickname. Giggling, Sihyun just shrugs, resting her head back onto the table while facing his side, "It's fun to see you piss your pants." The more she thinks of his scared-out-of-his-wits expression, the more her stomach hurts due to the amount of laughter she could burst into.

Rolling his eyes, Sunwoo eyes her bubbly form, "Piss off." But with just two simple words with no meaning, his best friend can just giggle which he found oddly amusing. Perhaps that was why they became friends.

"You don't mean that. I know you can't resist me." She pipes cockily, and he curses at himself for agreeing quicker than Usain Bolt could run in his head. She was right. There was no denying that he could resist her.

Albeit, Sunwoo snickers, crossing his arms proudly, "Yeah I can." He lies through his teeth so smoothly that he shocks himself. Sihyun raises a brow, leaning in close to provoke him. The boy thinks his eyes can't get wider than it already is.

"W-Wha—" He barely manages to stammer out incoherent words until she pulls away, smiling smugly, "Told you you couldn't resist me."

Sighing in relief, Sunwoo clears his throat, glad that she moved away quickly before his heart could get out of hand. "Yah! You can't just do that out of nowhere! What if other guys get the wrong idea?" He panics, looking around in slight fear but all he hears is her snicker, "Chill out. Everyone knows we're best friends."

———

The words of the teacher seem to go in and out of his ear. The words "Takedown notes as I go through this worksheet." merely engraves itself in his brain before it's being rubbed off by other certain thoughts.

Pen turning and twisting in his hand, Sunwoo stares at his empty notebook for a moment before glancing at the girl beside him who was so attentively listening that she doesn't realize how intense he was looking at her.

Looking at her just reminds him of the easily said words slipping out of her pretty lips before class started.

"Everyone knows we're best friends."

chapter was kind weird but maybe i'll rewrite it sometime lol