06 | you know yourself best

" it's your feelings, i'll let you be. "

↜ ↝

It was raining.

With the weather turning hotter and hotter each day, it was cooling to finally have some cold, soothing droplets of water falling from the often grey sky filled with clouds that were faint lately.

Sihyun loves the rain. She likes the feeling of the cold water hitting her skin gently; kissing it ever so softly even when she could risk falling sick. However today, she isn't able to enjoy doing so.

She isn't sure of what she might have done wrong. For the whole day at school, her best friend has been awfully quiet—that she can't take it anymore—and hasn't spoken a word.

Even when she tries to joke around and tease him, Sunwoo barely responds as he either hums, nods meekly or blatantly ignore her. He was fine this morning, why the sudden change in mood? Perhaps he had bipolarity disorder, but she doesn't want to go that far since that'd just be exaggerating.

"Sunwoo~" She coos, poking his cheek in attempt to somehow break his 'cold' facade. To her surprise, it does but not how she expected it to but still, it worked. Tone edgy, the latter snarls a little, "What were you doing with him this morning?"

Her brows furrow, "Him? Jacob?" Sunwoo doesn't reply or do anything, he just looks away childishly. She can't help cackling which just infuriates him further at the fact that she isn't taking him seriously. It's been a whole day, how was he still thinking about that? "What's so funny? I'm being serious here Kwon Sihyun!"

"Oh my dear Sunwoo! That's what you're mad about?" She laughs out, "He was just helping me find my phone! Plus, it's not like he's some sort of bad guy or anything." She defends, not wanting to make Jacob somewhat a villain.

But it isn't the fact that she's defending the senior that angers him nor does he think of the latter as a bad guy—instead, it's the fact that she isn't acknowledging her feelings. She's still blind towards how she feels about Jacob. She thinks it's just some sort of eye-candy she has for him but it isn't. Sunwoo sees through it. He knows it'll develop into something bigger soon and he wants her to confirm that it is a crush so that she'll be more wary of things that might soon come her way.

Having seen Sihyun crushing on a fair share of guys since young, he knows that she's one that realises late and gets her heart broken too soon all the time. If she thinks that this feeling she has for the Canadian is a mere 'eye-candy' or some bullshit like 'finding him cute' then she's wrong.

When they say "You know yourself best", they aren't wrong but that's the thing—Sihyun doesn't when it comes to crushes or love. When the girl crushes on someone, she doesn't know it's a crush, she thinks it's just finding that person attractive but Sunwoo can tell from her expression and words that it isn't just that. Even when he tries convincing her that she likes that person or that it's not just attraction, she doesn't believe him.

Eventually, everything leads to heartbreak and seeing Kwon Sihyun broken, in tears and pain was something he couldn't ever handle. However, at the end of the day, she won't listen to him and that's that. What else can he do, right?

"Sihyun," He deadpans, hooded eyes glaring slightly, "You like him." But as he had expected, she simply chuckles, "I don't! I told you, he's just cute and that's it." Sighing, Sunwoo ends up giving up because Sihyun was Sihyun, no one can ever change her mind other than her herself.

"I don't understand why you keep insisting I like him Sunwoo." She says after awhile, "I really don't." She insists and the latter thinks he cannot get any more frustrated than he is now, but he holds it in, for her sake. "It's alright. It's your feelings so I'll let you be."

Snickering, Sihyun bumps her shoulder with his, "Don't be mad eh?" She pipes slyly and he can't helping snorting, "Not mad, just frustrated."

"Well don't be neither, everything will be fine."

But will it really?

i rewrote this 3 times but i'm still not satisfied

lol see what i did there;)))

if ure an nctzen you'll know bUt anyways this was kinda short??? idk is it just me