12 | disgusting ice cream flavors

There is an unsettling feeling at the pit of Sihyun's stomach. She doesn't know what it is but she does know that it's making her uncomfortable and scared. She's worried and paranoid.

As she trundles towards the entrance of the school gate, she sees a familiar figure leaning against the wall and she can't help the small smile that creeps up her lips.

She pretends to not see him and walks pass but is stopped when he shouts, "Hey Kwon Sihyun!"

Laughing, the lass turns around and waves.

"Hello, Kim Sunwoo."

———

The walk back home is peacefully quiet, mostly because Sihyun was not in the mood and was upset about something Sunwoo cannot figure out what.

Despite the reluctancy, he ends up popping the question softly, "Sihyun?" But the girl doesn't reply at all and just stares down at the ground blankly so he calls again, "Sihyun?" And she finally looks up with a soft huh? paired with a stoned look.

"Everything okay? You're awfully quiet." He says with furrowed brows.

Sihyun smiles grimly, "I just–am thinking about something." She says quietly, and Sunwoo frowns, "What's 'something'?"

The girl ponders for awhile, before reluctantly speaking, "Earlier..."

———

Sunwoo lies on his bed, arms behind his head as he remembers the look in her eyes. Sihyun's eyes.

So much worry and fear. It made his heart clench.

Just by talking about the situation made her feel so insecure and he wonders if something were to happen, how was she going to take it?

He tried consoling her, sugar-coating his words to lessen her worry but he knew—he just knew that she was going to think about it the whole night.

So he pushes himself up, throws on a coat and leaves his apartment to get on his bike and get to the nearest convenient store.

He figures that if she isn't going to sleep and use that time to just overthink to sadden herself further, he can just spend that time with her. Perhaps binge-watch old movies from the early 20s' like the Harry Potter series and snack on chips that would most likely be finished in 10 minutes or have a karaoke night, like singing and grooving to old pop songs  by iconic artists like Taylor Swift.

Sunwoo simply smiles at the thought of it.

Just seeing her and spending the night with her, doing things they both enjoyed doing throughout their years of friendship together, warmed his heart.

Because who knows?

When she finds the love of her life, this joy he feels doing such activities with her may just disappear with a snap of a finger.

———

"Sunwoo? What are you doing here? At 11 in the late night?"

Sihyun breaths out in confusion, eyes trailing off from her best friend towards the bulky plastic bags he hung on his fingers.

Sunwoo grins with a shrug, letting himself in as he places the bags on her couch and takes off his cap while sighing, "Just thought we could spend some time together. Also figured that you probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight so." He stops there and turns on her television while the girl who sat leaned against her door had her brows furrowed.

"And why wouldn't I be able to sleep?" She says after a short while and Sunwoo snorts, "Because of Jacob."

Sihyun goes silent for long minute and when the boy turns over to glance at her, she nods slowly, muttering, "Agreed." Then proceeds to plop herself onto her couch and grasps onto a bag of chips, "Harry Potter?" She pops, tearing open the truffle chips as she stares at Sunwoo who stores every snack into its desired position.

Crazy how he knows where the put what. Psycho, I tell you.

Sihyun snorts at her own thoughts.

"Whatever you want." He responds, walking over to the light switch to dim the living room lights down before joining her on the couch with a tub of mint ice cream. Sihyun frowns, "What is wrong with your taste? Mint? Seriously." She groans in disgust and Sunwoo rolls his eyes, "I bought raspberry for you — which, may I inform you, is absolutely disgusting."

"Excuse you? How dare you!" Sihyun snarls, putting aside the pack of chips as she lunges herself at Sunwoo who gasps.

"Hey!" He yells in shock, rushing to set aside the ice cream anywhere he could find as long as it was safe. The both of them continue wrestling for a moment, until eventually, Sihyun got tired and gave up when she finally had her back against the couch.

It was still dark, or dimmer than before and yet even in the dark, Sunwoo could make out her facial features that beautifully plastered on her adorable face; her large, doe eyes; small bulb-like nose; plump and soft lips. Her cheeks seemed to hold a pink blush.

He reaches out to caress them, but then the lamp beside the couch switched on when Sihyun accidentally touched the sensor and the both of them are face to face, one on top of the other. He felt his heart burn with desire as he stared at her innocent expression. The butterflies in his stomach fluttered more.

They blink.

Sihyun grins softly, "Are you going to just lay on me?" Her tone was teasing but Sunwoo heard nothing as he just admired her.  There was no doubt that he saw her as more than just a best friend and that was what he was so afraid to admit so far.

He thought he could just appreciate the friendship they had but why is it getting tougher and tougher to do so? He knew about her feelings for Jacob and yet here he is.

Unknowingly, he leaned in, eyes still gazing at her lips. "Sunwoo—" She began, but then the door slammed open and everything stopped.

hellooooooo
sorry for not updating for so long! i've been down with very bad writer's block so i couldn't really find inspirations.

but anyways, i hope this chapter was okay and not confusing. i believe it's a little messy and rushed but i don't think i should drag it any longer. this was also not proofread so i'm sorry for any mistakes!

the drama is starting soon so don't forget to vote(if you want to, of course)

have a good day loves:)
–bri