10 | memories

" then you shall wait. "

↜ ↝

There is something strange about Sunwoo.

He walks so slowly, like he's dragging himself because his feet were too heavy. His back is straight, posture perfect but his head is tilted down like he lacked of self-confidence.

He cannot help but constantly let his mind drift off back to last night's call.

"Sunwoo! I think I really like Jacob!"

And he feels his heart drop.

Gulping, he tries to speak but his words get stuck at the back of his throat and he ends up staying silent. What was he supposed to say anyway?

"Sunwoo?" Sihyun pipes worriedly at the sudden silence, "Everything okay?" He sighs after awhile before replying, "Yeah."

Sihyun was not convinced and he was aware of that. He manages to finally stammer out further, "B-But, why so sudden? Did something happen?" He doesn't need to ask what happened, he already does but why did he ask? He isn't sure. Perhaps for a confirmation?

"Well, we hung out today remember? I told you that. And I don't know...he was incredibly sweet and charming today. With him, I feel so at ease." She beams, a giggle escaping her lips right after.

Sunwoo frowns albeit responding with a higher tone so she'd at least believe that he was happy for her, "Well that's great. Congrats."

"Thank you."

And then silence.

Why is the call so awkward? When have we ever had an awkward call? He thinks to himself as none of them speaks once again. Then again, he somehow just cannot find the courage to tell her he didn't like her liking someone else. He isn't even sure why he's even so upset—okay, maybe he does but he's not going to admit it.

Laughing sheepishly, Sihyun stutters, "A-Are you sure you're okay, Sunwoo-ah? You're awfully quiet." The latter purses his lips, "Am I? Maybe I'm just tired." He lies.

"Really?" She probes worriedly. He hums in response, eyes wide open. "Then you should go to bed. It's late after all." She's concerned, and it makes him smile a little as he speaks, "Yeah, good night Hyun." 

"Good night."

If Sunwoo was being honest, he expected it already didn't he?

Sihyun was going to like Jacob sooner or later anyway so why does it still hurt? He thought perhaps last night, he was just tired so his thoughts about her crush on Jacob was momental but no, it wasn't at all.

On his way to school, all he was thinking of was Sihyun, Sihyun, Sihyun and Sihyun.

But he doesn't like her. He can never. She's like a sister to him right? From birth, the both of them had stuck together like glue, often arguing and smacking each other like siblings did. Some memories they shared were like memories one would make with their own siblings—like that one time he got chased after and beaten up by Sihyun because he ate her ice cream.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I won't do it again!" He cries out loud, feeling his legs get weaker and weaker as he ran away from Sihyun.

The lass yells angrily as she catches up to him, "You ate my ice-cream!" She puts him into a headlock making him groan in pain.

That memory...

It was like a sister getting upset at a brother and beating him up so no matter what he felt right now, it's going to be okay. Having Sihyun with him now, is like having a sister. Perhaps like he always was, he was just being overprotective and that was okay.

They're best friends after all. All they have are feelings of sibling-love for each other and that was how it was going to stay.

"Kim Sunwoo!" Before he can turn around, an arm wraps around his neck and pulls him into a headlock. He groans, "Hey!"

Giggling, his best friend flicks his forehead whilst letting go, "What's with you? From the back you looked all depressed." Sihyun pipes with furrowed brows as he looks down. He gulps unknowingly, "Do I? I'm fine though." He obviously wasn't but he wasn't going to tell her that or else she's going to bombard him with questions.

The girl scoffs, "Sure you are. But I'm not going to ask because I want you to tell me om your own will." He chuckles teasingly, "Then you shall wait." And he gets hit on the head.

Before Sihyun can hit him again, he dashes away speedily, "Can't hit me now can you?" He provokes her, sticking out his tongue from a far but she can see it. Eyes narrowing, she exclaims loudly before chasing after him.

"Watch it!"

Sunwoo laughs before escaping once again and as he does so, he thinks.

Moments like this...I don't think I like her or I ever will. She's a sister and that's all she will ever be.

ah finally finished this chap. i took forever to write this isbsksbsk i really dk where this is going anymore

also thank u for 800 reads and 100 votes! this book is getting weirder and weirder every time i update bdosbdobd but thank you!

ily and hope you had/have a great day🥰