Chapter 33

"Castle. Wake up," said Kate. "It's time to get ready to go to the precinct." Castle groaned and asked, "It's morning already?" "Yeah. Now get up," replied Kate. She got up to go feed the twins and get ready for work. Once they were both almost ready, Alexis came home from her friend's house. "Where were you yesterday?" asked Castle. "At a friend's house," said Alexis. "What is this friend's name?" questioned Castle. Alexis paused before answering, "Ashleigh." "Like the guy you dated a few years ago, who moved to California to go to college?" asked Castle. She nodded and Castle asked, "Did you have sex with him?" Kate was listening to the whole conversation and she said, "Alexis you don't have to answer that." "Why not? I'm her father," said Castle. "Castle, she is twenty two, she can do whatever she wants and doesn't need to ask for permission. I'm sure that Tesa wants to go lay down in her crib not stay in here in her carseat forever," said Kate. Alexis nodded, shot Kate a thank you look, and went upstairs. Castle seemed mad, but the doorbell rang, and Martha entered ready to babysit the twins, so they left for work.

At the precinct.....

"Hey Beckett," said Ryan. "Where were you last night?" asked Esposito. "What do you mean?" Beckett asked. "We called you like four times," said Ryan. "Oh," whispered Beckett. "So where were you?" he asked. "At home," replied Castle. "What were you doing?" asked Esposito. "Umm.. nothing much," replied Beckett. "Seriously," replied Espo. "Tell us," said Ryan. "Really guys?" Kate asked. The guys dropped it and she asked, "So why did you call me?" "We solved the case," said Esposito. "Who did it?" asked Castle. "The victim's girlfriend," replied Ryan. "So are we doing paperwork today?" Beckett asked. "Yeah," the boys replied in sync. After finishing up the paperwork, they were put on another case. "So the victim's name is Lina Scott and she was strangled to death around 5 AM this morning," said Esposito once he was back from the crime scene. They started to run phones and financials when Kate started to not feel good. "Castle, I'm not feeling good," whispered Kate. Somebody walked by her with a cup of coffee, and she felt the sudden urge to puke. Kate ran to the nearest trash can and emptied her stomach contents into in. Castle came over to make sure she was okay and felt her forehead. "Kate I think you have a fever," said Castle. Kate walked back to her desk and Ryan asked very loudly, "Are you pregnant again?" About one forth of the people in the precinct turned to look at him. "No," said Kate. "Are you sure?" asked Espo. "I'm one hundred percent positive that I am not pregnant," responded Kate. "Castle, I feel like crap." she whispered. "I'll tell Gates that you are sick, and I'll take you home," responded Castle. Kate started to shiver due to her fever and her throat burned from puking. Castle came back from Gates' office, picked up Kate, and carried her to his car. He drove her home, and carried her up to their apartment. "What's wrong with Katherine?" asked Martha as soon as they walked in. "She's sick," replied Castle. Kate moaned and Rick brought her into the bedroom, and laid her on the bed. He shut the door, and changed her into one of his old shirts and a pair of shorts she usually wears to bed. Rick went into the bathroom and found an ear thermometer, so he took her temperature. It beeped after a minute and said 102.5 degrees fahrenheit. Kate begun to fall asleep, so Castle went into the kitchen to try to find some medication. "How is she?" asked Martha. "She has a very bad fever and threw up earlier," replied Castle. "How bad?" Martha asked. "102.5," he replied. Castle found some liquid tylenol and brought it into the bedroom and tried to get Kate to drink it. She managed to drink the correct dose of medication before she fell asleep. Castle found a bucket that he put near the bed incase Kate had to throw up again, and he put a wet cloth on her forehead to try to help her temperature come down. He then went into the living room to talk to his mother and help her with the twins. Castle fed Cosmo a bottle and asked his mother, "Should I put Kate in a cold bath to help lower her temperature, or just wait for the medication to work?" "I don't know. How is she?" asked Martha. "She is asleep or she fainted. I'm not sure which," he replied. "I would try to lower her temperature as soon as possible," Martha replied. Castle sighed and handed Cosmo to his mother and went into the master bathroom. He filled the tub with cold water and went back into the bedroom to get Kate. Rick stripped off all of her clothes and carried her into the bathroom. Kate didn't wake up when he moved or undressed her, so Castle started to worry. He slowly placed her down in the tub of cold water and held her still. After about a minute in the water, Kate began to shiver and wake up. Castle sighed relieved that she seemed to be waking. Kate opened her eyes and saw that she was in a bath of freezing cold water. She was shivering to much to talk, so she looked at her husband, and he said, "Sorry baby, I had to lower your temperature. Your fever caused you to pass out it was so high." Rick, pulled her out of the water after another minute or two, and wrapped a fluffy towel around her body. She felt like puking again, so she slowly walked to the toilet and released anything that could have possibly been left in her tummy. Rick dried his wife off and helped her get dressed in her pajamas again. He placed her on top of the bed and Kate asked, "How are our children?" "They're fine. Martha was giving them a bottle of milk last I knew," Castle replied. "I'm tired," Kate said. "You can go to sleep honey. I'm going to go check on the twins. Call me if you need something," he said. Kate nodded before slipping of into a deep sleep.

It had been a few hours since Kate had fallen asleep, and Castle found in necessary to check on her every twenty minutes. Right now he was in the kitchen making her some chicken noodle soup when he heard a scream coming from the direction of their bedroom. He quickly turned off the burner and went into the bedroom, he didn't see Kate anywhere. Then he noticed the light was on in the bathroom. He opened the door and saw Kate on the floor shivering, with her pants and underwear down around her ankles, a growing puddle of blood below her, and an open box of tampons next to her. Rick lifted her up and sat her on the toilet, felt her burning forehead, and went to get Kate more medication. After she drank the medication, Castle cleaned the blood off the floor and waited for his wife to stop shaking. After about ten minutes, her shaking slowed down enough for Kate to insert a tampon, and go back into the bedroom. Castle went back into the kitchen to finish making her soup. Once it was made, he went into the bedroom to feed Kate some soup. "Thank you," whispered Kate after she finished eating. "Always my love," replied Castle. She started to fall back asleep, and Castle heard Cosmo crying, so he left to go help his mother figure out what is wrong.

Kate woke up around 6 PM, and felt someone gently sucking on her breast. She opened her eyes and saw Castle holding Johanna up against her breast so that she could eat. "Sorry for waking you up," said Castle, "but Jo was hungry and we ran out of the milk you pumped." Kate nodded and took her daughter from Rick's arms. "Hey baby girl. Mommy loves you," said Kate in a baby voice. "How are you feeling?" asked Rick. "Better," replied Kate. "Good," he said. When Johanna finished eating, Kate handed her to Castle and said, "I'm going to go take a shower." "Alright," replied Castle. "Can you wait until I put Jo back in her crib?" "Yeah, but why?" answered Kate. "I want to make sure you don't fall since you're sick," responded Castle. Kate rolled her eyes and said, "Okay." Once he put Jo into her crib, Rick went into the bathroom with Kate and helped her take her clothes off and get in the shower. After about twenty minutes, she stepped out of the shower, and noticed Rick was still there watching her. Kate blushed and grabbed a fluffy towel to wrap around herself. Castle helped her get dressed in pajamas and tucked her in under the covers. "What do you want for dinner?" Rick asked. "Can I have some tea?" Kate asked. "Of course my love. Anything else?" he asked. Kate shook her head just as they heard Cosmo's cries through the baby monitor. "Can you bring me Cosmo?" she asked. "I think he's hungry." Castle nodded and headed out the door. A minute later he returned with Cosmo. "Here he is," said Rick. "Hey little boy," said Kate. "Are you hungry?" She lifted up her tee shirt and bra, and Cosmo quickly latched onto her breast, drinking his mother's milk. Kate smiled down at him, and Castle went to go make her some tea. He returned with a steaming cup of lemon tea and a few saltines incase Kate wanted to try to eat something solid. "Thank you babe," Kate said when he walked in the room. "Always," replied Castle as he left to put Cosmo in his crib. After she finished her tea and ate a few crackers, Kate got ready for bed and curled up under the covers in her husband's arms. "I want to kiss you so bad," said Kate, "but I don't want you to get sick." "I don't mind," said Rick. "Okay, but no tongue," she negotiated. "Alright," replied Castle as he leaned forward to give her a kiss on the lips. "Good night," said Kate after they he pulled away. "I love you Rick." "I love you too Kate," he replied and they both fell into a deep sleep, dreaming about great things.