Chapter 5

Beckett and Castle woke up to the sound of Alexis screaming, "Wake up!!!!" "What is going on?" Castle asked after he opened the door. "Your alarm went off, and you two slept right through it." She said trying to catch her breath. "Well why didn't you just come wake us up instead of screaming." he asked. "I didn't know if you two were dressed or not." Alexis said with a smirk. "Oh," replied Castle. "Well, thanks." And with that, he shut the door and lifted Kate out of bed to wake her. "You really were tired weren't you," he said to his beautiful wife. "Yeah," she replied sleepily.

An hour later at the precinct.....

"Frank Casillas' alibi checked out," said Ryan. "Where is Esposito?" Asked Castle. "Take a wild guess." He replied. "Lanie," Castle and Beckett said in unison. "Have we gotten Megan's financials yet?" Beckett asked. "Yeah, and there was something unusual. On the day she died, $40,000 appeared in her account." Ryan replied. "Where did she get it from," Beckett asked. "Perhaps she was participating in some top secret mission and the reward was $40,000." Castle suggested. "Or maybe not," said Beckett. "Try to track down where that money came from, and we will go talk to her boyfriend and see if he knows where the money may have come from. On the way out the door, Beckett asked Captain Gates, "Do you know where Detective Esposito is?" "He has the day off," she said without looking up. "Ok, thank you sir." Beckett replied.