Chapter 17

2 1/2 months later.....

During the past few months, Kate stopped having morning sickness, solved about 9 cases, and her belly doubled in size.

"Castle, wake up," whispered Kate. "We have to go to my ultrasound." When he heard this, Castle jumped out of bed, lifted up Kate's shirt, kissed her belly, and frantically started getting ready to leave.

At the doctor's office.....

"Hey Lanie, hey Jenny," said Kate seeing them sitting next to Javier and Kevin. "What are you doing here?" "We are here to find out the gender of our baby," said Ryan. "So did we," said Esposito. "Why are you here?" asked Kevin. "We are here to find out the gender of our twins," Castle replied happily. "Wow, Kate. Your tummy is like twice the size of mine," said Lanie. Kate blushed and said, "Well I am carrying around two babies." "Mrs. Castle," called a nurse. "Mrs. Ryan," called a different nurse. "Ms. Perish," called a third nurse. Then all three couples walked happily into the rooms.

"According to this file, you are just about 5 months pregnant. Is that correct Ms. Perish?" Asked the doctor. "Yes," replied Lanie. "Okay let's see what we got here," said the doctor as she applied gel on Lanie and started up her machine. "Congratulations," said the nurse after a few minutes, "You have one healthy baby girl!"

"Hello again Mrs. Ryan," said the doctor. "Hello," replied Jenny. "Do you want to know the gender of the baby?" asked the doctor. "Yes please," Jenny and Ryan replied in unison. "You have a healthy boy," said the doctor. "Congratulations!"

"Katherine Castle?" asked the doctor as she entered the room. "Yes?" asked Kate. "It says here that you are a homicide detective." Questioned the doctor. "That is correct," Kate responded. "I am afraid now that you have reached 5 months, you can only do paperwork," said the doctor apologetically. "Uhhhh," groaned Kate. "Would you like to find out the gender of your babies?" asked the doctor trying to lighten the mood. "Yes," Castle quickly replied. "Can you first tell us if they are healthy?" asked Kate. "Of course," replied the doctor. "Congatuations! Both babies are healthy," said the doctor. "What about the genders, what about the genders?" asked Castle practically falling out of his chair with excitement. "One baby is a boy and one is a girl," the doctor finally said. "A mini Castle," said Kate happily. "And a mini Beckett," said Castle with a huge smile on his face.