Chapter 19

The hollow Riddles

-Dear Tom,
I am not good at all but I hope you are doing well, I am aware that I have kept you in the dark for a long time but I really need you. So again I forward my plea towards you to come back to me and your child, we need you.

-Regards Merope

Fates eyebrows were knitted together, her head was clouded with hasty assumptions of what did merope mean by "keeping him in the dark"?

This was the last letter in the messy stack of old letters which were all sent by Tom's mother.

After reading a few more she realized Merope slowly started giving up her hope because as the letters went on, they kept getting shorter and shorter lacking details and words and thus making the last one just a last plea.

Anger took over the girl, the letter still in her hand. Merope begged him, begged him to come back to her, his son, his family but he never did. He didn't even feel the slightest bit of sympathy.

how can be so cruel? Just how?!—

she saw all she needed for the night before leaving she took the last letter with her.

Now resting in her bed only one thought stormed her brain.

what dark was she talking about? Was she talking about her being a witch or was she hiding that she had conceived Tom?—

Both the possibilities seemed just enough for the cause of Tom's abandonment but still, would Tom Riddle Snr have not wanted to see his own child? Or Was the sin of Merope hiding her identity so great that the cruel man never wanted to see his own family ever again?

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The alarm blared out it's annoying "boom" waking Fate up. What a great disappointment that this isn't all a big bad nightmare, she thought to herself getting out of bed.

Everyone was having their breakfast when grandma riddle piped up "Girl were you in the attic last night"

Fate took a sip of her orange juice "why would I be in the attic? Doesn't that place have demons living in it?" She asked back with a straight face.

Both the children gasped with horrific expressions looking at Fate then at their grandma "i-is that true grams?"

"Don't be silly of course not"

"Of course It is true and I believe they do not always have a scary face, sometimes they live there in the form of old furniture and paper, as someone's past."  The girl cut off grams talking sharply yet in her casual calm manner.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Granma Riddle stomped her fists on the table while grandpa Riddle once again pretended like nothing around him existed.

"We are done! Come on we have to get ready for the day!" William announced.

"Wonderful! Let's go!" She completely ignored the old hag that was sat at the table and left.

The rest of the day wasn't so awful, the kids started getting ready for Halloween while Fate was in her room practicing various spells and writing some tips or important note in her diary.