Chapter 5

The new girl

Fate was glimpsing at young Tom Riddle, just then he looked up from his book and found himself being scrutinized. Something about her mysterious gaze drew him in. He did not know why but he felt something strange, something different about her.

What do these eyes forhold? What do they conceal?—

He thought to himself

probably nothing....but still...there's
Something about this girl—

Fate stared at him, snappily observing him. A mop of wavy black hair, dark brown eyes, the light hitting his face showing off his sharp built facial structure.

Young Tom Riddle was handsome and appealing. Fate remembered, in the chambers of secret he told her and Harry.

"If I say it myself, Harry, I've always been able to charm the people I needed"

—He gets all of his works and deeds done by others by simply charming them, well he not going to have any luck with trying to charm me!— Fate thought to herself.

But yet here he was, no different than any other student, he had friends too, sitting next to him, ever so often saying a thing or two to him. If only they knew that their friend would become a bald, noseless, heartless creature who seeks nothing but power and superiority. She could not help but feel loathed by his presence in front of her.

But as Fate looked at him with an intense look, her face showed no signs of any sort of emotions or thoughts. She reflected the same expressions he did, blank.

But in a few seconds, their eye contact broke as fate looked at the boy who extended his hand towards her.

"Hey there! I am Sirius, Sirius black"

The boy with luscious curly brown hair spoke. Fate looked at him, feeling different emotions run within her. First a harsh pain then a sweet solace. He is alive, so young and bright, it sting her remembering she just witnessed his death a few hours ago, yet here he was. After waiting for a few seconds Sirius spoke.

"Umm...are you in there?" Pulling Fate out of her thoughts.

"Oh yes..um sorry...I am Fate...er you already know that."

"I sure do, here is my best friend Remus and James and over there is peter"

He pointed and introduced his friends one by one. Fate looked at young Remus, a prefect pin placed neatly on his uniform, then there way James, for a second She felt like she saw harry, he looked so much like James except for his eyes.

Fate said all her hellos and heys but when she saw peter instead of saying a "hello" she wanted to say a spell instead.

"You forgot to introduce me, Sirius! Hey there! I am Lily, Lily Evans" a redheaded girl smiled softly. Fate looked at her for a second, her eyes. Harry has her eyes, she felt her heartbreak a little she might never see him again, see her best friends again but she quickly shoved the thoughts at the back of her head, not letting her emotions surface to her soft features instead she returned the smile.

"You are going to have a great time here at Hogwarts!, now have some breakfast then I will show you around a bit before our class starts, and oh! I will also give you the time table for our classes" she beamed.