Chapter 18

The Family

But the people who needed a babysitter almost made Fate's eyes fall out of their sockets.

"A baby sitter needed for the Riddles
For 2 days during Halloween ...-"

"Lord have mercy on me is this for real? Are things actually getting easy for me?" Fate mumbled to herself reading the line over and over again.

The rest of the details were given below like the timings, money, and a contact number.

Fate quickly tore the little column out of the newspaper and made her way to nancy.

"Hey um Nancy look at this, I want to go" she held out the paper in front of the lady sitting at the reception.

"Oh, that's great that you want to work sweetheart. Of course, you can but...don't you want to spend your Halloween to go trick or treating?" Asked nancy.

"Oh come on now I'm sixteen now. I'm not a kid to go trick or treating" Fate chuckled.

"As you wish" nancy smiled.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Fate was standing in front of the Riddle manor and let's just say calling it big would be an understatement, it was enormous and beautiful but a part of it reminded her of the place where she grew up and it was not pleasant.

Thinking about it, the air around her got dense, the bitter scene played within her mind.

"Miss Crysta?"

"Huh? Oh...yes I'm sorry" she was pulled herself back to the present.

"you may come on in now" a guard called her in after asking her business and why she wanted to meet Mr. Riddle.

As Fate walked in she felt slightly uneasy. It was Tom Riddles father she was going to meet along with the rest of his family.

And the fact that Tom's father was alive but he still had to live in an orphanage was unsettling despite Tom being a total jerk this was not fair, any child deserves to live a better life with their parents.

The man led Fate to the reception of the huge mansion. She was looking at the random certificate hanging on the wall and saw "Tom Riddle" written in cursive on a golden certificate of some sort.

The fact Tom was named after his father made Fate feel different emotions, it was sweet yet stingy. The abandoned boy was named after the very person who abandoned him and the man who he needed the most in his life.

"Ah yes Miss Crysta" an aged man who was about in his 40s entered the room, he was wearing an elegant black suit, the stench of his strong perfume infiltrated the air.

Just as the girl saw him she could tell in a blink of an eye he was Tom's father. Yes, he got his looks from his father for sure, and that's also where he gets his arrogance from.

"Mr. Riddle Good evening, I was here for the babysitting job I read about from the newspaper"

"Oh yes, thank goodness no one else was willing to lend a hand during Halloween, but you did" he spoke with a smile but it wasn't really a warm one.