Chapter 20

The sixth sense

The night was dead silent as Fate reached Hogwarts, usually, the cold breeze would wrap her in a comforting minty blanket but tonight it went through her bones prior to the information provided to her.

She shuffled into the magical castle and made her way straight up to the Gryffindor common room, everyone was probably in their beds by now.

The corridors were dark and cold, her shoes clicked on the marble floor making her heart thump in her chest because in the silent night her light footsteps screeched like rocks clanking together, she feared the noise would get her closer to facing Riddle.

Was she still to blame him? Or blame his mother? His father perhaps? But Tom could have chosen a better path and be different from the people of his past but he decided to become worse. Yet still, his family had sacred him too deeply.

Her thoughts kept accumulating, as she was having an internal fight with herself. Grandma Riddles voice kept repeating itself over and over in her conscious.

"If you would put some effort into pushing your feet forwards perhaps you could reach your dormitory faster, Crysta" a smooth yet sharp voice called from behind her.

The poor girl gritted her teeth together, —this just couldn't wait till the morning could it—  she thought to herself raw.

She did not even want to hear his voice at the time not because of the animosity she felt towards Tom but because of the mixed emotions she was feeling towards him, so facing him was relatively complicated for her.

She stood there for a second and without saying a word started walking away at a quick pace.

"The library is still on fire thanks to you" He shortly asserted behind her.

Her feet stopped in their tracks, she had forgotten all about the "setting the library on fire" part of her plan.

—if you walk away he will think you did it for sure—

"Thanks to me? I would I set the library on fire?" She turned around but in the dark of the night, but she could not see his face.

"Yes you would, but why is all I want to know"

"I need sleep Tom and so do you."

"I don't like you at all, why did you even have to come to Hogwarts?" He spat coldly.

—oh the irony, I did not wish to come here either you psychopath—

She stood there quietly, acknowledging she called him a psycho made her feel guilty, he was not a murderer not yet he still has not chosen the wrong path. She could fix him, she had to.

"Maybe destiny brought me here, to mess around with you" She did not lie this time and gave him a clear answer but to him, it made no sense.

He was quite annoyed at how mysterious and annoying the girl could get. "Good night Tom" she walked away leaving the boy in dark, but not for long.

Fate quietly made her way to her dorm and hoped no one wakes up especially Lily because she just could not handle any conversations or questions about her Halloween holidays.

she changed into her pajamas and sat on her bed, she was met with a small ball of fur dozing peacefully but due to Fate's movement Jinx was now awake. Upon finding her back he meowed at her happily.

"shush!" she placed him on her lap and stroked its soft fur, she was still sitting staring straight ahead in the dark, sleep was something so peaceful, enveloping one in sweet dreams and malice, bit even that temporary trance could bring so much peace but only to the person who was capable of having peace in the first place.