Chapter 6

A cruel turn

Fate shuffled out of class not waiting for Lily, she was not prepared for any sort of lies. She was mentally exhausted, and functioning properly would not be an easy task for her right now.

Fate stopped after she made sure she was far away from running into riddle. But of course, she had a whole day, so many classes to attend, she knew avoiding him was not an option. She had to come up with lies, which she loathed the most.

A few minutes later Lily called out Fates name snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Wow you got out so hastily I did not even see you leave, are you okay?or Am I just that annoying?" She playfully smiled at the last part.

"Oh no I am fine, just felt like taking in some fresh air ...and you are not annoying" Fate responded smiling softly.

"Okay well you can get some fresh air while we're on our way to our next class, its transfiguration"

"Yes sure"

As Fate got to her class, Tom was already there his book neatly placed in front him but his attention seemed to elsewhere. Lily stood behind her, waiting for her to choose a desk.

—should I sit next to him again?—

Fate looked at Tom. He was once again sitting all on his own. Her gaze shifted to the boy sitting behind him, it was Avery. Fate felt confused, just before he had asked why she had taken his place but now he was not sitting next to tom.

the seat next to him is empty...why is it empty? Why is that boy not sitting with him? He did seem to have a problem with me sitting in his place earlier—

"Err....are you not intending to get inside the class?" Lily asked

"Oh yea I am...uhh..."

Both the girls walked in class, and before Fate knew Tom was looking her way, no expression on his face.

"Do you mind if I sit next to him? He might help me for this class too" Fate asked lily hoping she would not mind.

Lily shifted her eyes to the boy who watched Fates every move. She had a slight look of disquietude by the thought of the new Gryffindor who dared to sit next to a cold-blooded Slytherin. But she politely nodded and went off.

Fate signed and once again sat next to tom. Drawing in a deep breath she spoke

"I hope I am not taking anyone's place this time"

"No you are not" he spoke fixing his eyes to his book before he spoke again

"So you were telling something"

"Oh yes, about the orphanage, I just orphaned a few months ago"

He nodded still not moving his eyes from the book.

hmm...she was not lying, after all, there is nothing intriguing about her. She is just another silly Gryffindor that's all—